Ships Nostalgia - View Single Post - Alwyn Vintcent
Thread: Alwyn Vintcent
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2019, 21:16

alwyn vincent - sas somerset

hello all - my post is a little late - i know - but here goes - the last time i saw anything on the av - she was in villiersdorp - 400 km north of capetown - but all efforts to contact queries - have been met with ... nothing - she is under the guardianship of the local tractor club ! having said that - at least they are putting in a effort - the sad news here is - that her companion of many years in cape town - sas somerset - has officially received the nod to be broken up - the naval base in simonstown - to be it shortly - do not want her ! and the vessel is leaking oil - i do have the report on file as to the decision - on another note - the sas durban - jr more and ulundi in durban - are not faring well either - i have been told the jr was due to go into dry dock for cleaning - but again - no report back - all 3 vessels are in a bad state - as per my last visit in feb 2019 - i have an extensive file on av including her being transferred to her final resting place - if anyone is interested - contact me via pvt message with your email
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alwyn vincent restoration.JPG (100.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg alwyn vincent (1).jpg (353.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg alwyn vincent (2).jpg (235.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg alwyn vincent - sas somerset .jpg (231.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg alwyn vincent to villiersdorp.jpg (192.5 KB, 0 views)