Ships Nostalgia - View Single Post - F T Everard and Sons Ltd
View Single Post
Old 7th February 2006, 18:20

Thumbs up MV Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarum
In the early 1960's, I applied for a job with Everards the coaster firm based at Greenhithe in Kent. I recall being offered a job on a ship called Security but the offer was withdrawn and I went to work for Zim. Later, I heard that the ship had sunk. I have found a photo of a coaster called Security but this was launched in 1971. Can anyone confirm that Everards owned a ship called Security and that it came to an unfortunate end. Thanks.
I did a few trips on Security 78/79 ish, The Old Man was a wonderful Captain Mumby,He was originally from Grimsbt but moved to Kent or Essex and he allways sailed with his wife,....I remember that the Grain run from europort to the London River was quite a good run where we went aboard the older Freds vessels that where laid up for sale,these were the Fred Everard,Mairi Everard and others that I don,t recall the name of,we tied up along side them whilst we waited for the Baltic exchange to open,We had a few runs out to Spain for Scrap,took Coal to Belfast but by far the best run was the Timber run from Gunness to Scandinavia in paticular to Gothenborg,yes ! plenty of memories there on board the Security......Incidentaly I have a Picture of it some where,not one that I took but out of a box of pictures of ships that I was looking through at Hull one day ,If I find it I will e-mail it on to you.