Ships Nostalgia - View Single Post - Tremo
Thread: Tremo
View Single Post
Old 6th June 2018, 14:03
Organisation: Merchant Navy

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichad View Post
Thank you Taff for identifying my error.

As a Welshman myself, whose family hails from Pontypridd, I would have looked forward to learning from the gentleman, whose passing I must sadly acknowledge.

By chance would you have any information on Treforest Mouldings Limited. location, production or staff?

Thank you again for taking the trouble to inform me.

Best Regards
Hi, Nichad, I'm sorry I can't help you with your research. I do recall my dad taking me to the estate after the war and telling me that it was begun on my second birthday and I think he had something to do with it, but if so, I have no idea what it could have been. I left home straight after school to go to sea - apart from another visit when around fourteen, which I remember was the last time I saw it.

We were on the way to visit family in Ponty, where we had a lot of relations, some of whom worked on the estate during the war, I was told. I used to go there - Ponty - a lot before I left home and I think dad had some business interest there.

My grandmother's family also came from Ponty and you couldn't find a more Welsh name than Gwenllian Morgan, could you? She was not the first woman mayor in Wales, who was of the same name, she would laughingly point out.

All the best,

Taff