Ships Nostalgia - View Single Post - Anybody out there from CP ships
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2019, 02:07

Malcolm Annand (Chief Engineer, CP Ships)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanAnnand View Post
Hello all from CP Ships past.. My name is Ian Annand, I am the son of Malcolm Annand, he was a chief engineer at CP Ships until he was made redundant circa 1986.. I think his last ship was Fort Toronto shortly after the Falklands War had ended, he also served on the GA Walker, Fort Colouge/Port Hawkesbury.. does anyone remember him please? He died from terminal cancer in November 1990, still much missed.. Best wishes, Ian.
Just to underpin Ian's comments above, Malcolm (my former father-in-law) joined the Fort Toronto in Port Stanley outer harbour in December 1982 and left in late May 1983. He was one of the best regarded CE's in CP and was very popular with his staff and the rest of the crew. I was serving in the Falklands at the time three anchorages up harbour on the mv Stena Inspector on Naval Party 2010 as a RN Marine Engineer Mechanic. Malcolm invited me over for a 48 hour stay over, which was immense fun and hugely drink filled. The Captain of FT was a real party beast (a Geordie as I remember) - cannot remember his name but sadly passed on a few years later, rumoured to have succumbed to the bottle and found dead in a hotel room. Any help you can give Ian to complete his story would be appreciated. Vic 'Slinger' Woods (WO2ET(ME) - still in the RN!)

The attached photo is him with my daughter Hannah in 1988, shortly before he fell ill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 19880000 - Hannah and Malcolm Annand.jpeg.jpg (13.3 KB, 301 views)