Ships Nostalgia banner

Swedish East Africa Line (S.E.A.L)

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Neil Purdon 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me the colours of the funnel of Swedish East Africa Line ships in the 1960s. I only have this black and white photo.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks very much. The photo is of the funnel of the Clan Macgregor that was under charter to I thought SEAL in the 1970s. I should have recognised that familiar funnel of NAL, but was fooled by the abbreviation SEAL, thinking it was the company below.
Regards, Neil

Attachments

#4 · (Edited)
The "Scandinavian East Africa Line" was founded by Thor Thoresen in 1913. The "Scandinavian" part consisted in their ships loading goods in Sweden, Denmark and Norway, mainly timber, before heading South, going through the Suez canal and down the East coast of Africa. There loading Kopra, lard and skins for France and Scandinavia. In 1921, N.A.L. bought the company, its ships and their routes, and also the company's name. Which explains the abbreviation SEAL for an integral part of the Norwegian company NAL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.