Ships Nostalgia banner

Eric Barrowman C/E RIP

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  derekhore 
#1 ·
It is with extreme personal sadness that I must inform you of the death of Chief Engineer Eric Barrowman – who very sadly passed away this morning following a recent illness whilst on leave.

Eric is one of the best known and most respected Marine Engineers to have ever served in the BP fleet – having been with the company since November 1971. Eric had sailed as Chief Engineer for the last 23 years – most latterly onboard British Vantage. During this time, Eric shared his vast knowledge and experience with everyone who was fortunate enough to either sail with him or work with him from ashore. Much admired, Eric’s unrelenting enthusiasm and dedication to his profession has contributed significantly to making BP ships what they are today. He will be sorely missed.

Our thoughts are now with Eric’s family and close friends at this sad time. We will communicate in due course how we can pay our respects

#3 ·
I must have missed this post.

I seem to recall an Eric Barrowman who was a 3/E sometime in the late 70's. He was from the Dundee area, blond haired guy, and was on the Brunei lay up team at one point. Is this the same guy??

If it is, the last time I saw him was one New Year about 1976 when I was passing his house about 2am, and he was showing someone out his front door. I shouted over "Happy New Year," and was invited in for a wee dram. I think I got out about 7 in the morning.

If it is the same guy, I'm really sorry for his family.

#6 ·
I seem to recall an Eric Barrowman who was a 3/E sometime in the late 70's. He was from the Dundee area, blond haired guy, and was on the Brunei lay up team at one point. Is this the same guy??
Pretty sure I sailed with Eric as well when he was 3/E .. though for the life of me cannot remember which ship it was and cannot find his name on the Graham Wallace list.

Thoughts to all his Family at this sad time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.