Ships Nostalgia - View Single Post - Bidford Priory = 1960 - 1975
View Single Post
Old 26th September 2012, 09:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARINEJOCKY View Post
My dad used to load them onto his pride & joy, a BMC 4 wheeler and take them to some old quarry, that was when I was a boy so going back 50 years or so.
The wife & kids are coming over to see them tomorrow for a week. No doubt the weather will bright, sunny and in the 80's ?

I hear it is terrible just now so one suitcase is dedicated to jackets boots etc

It's the parents 60th wedding anniversary and they were going to have a party at the home mother is in but she told the nurses she has been divorced for ten years and to call her by her maiden name !

Is that we have to look forward to at that age

Anyway good to hear from you, I was waiting to read Leo posting something about chief stewards but the silence is leading me to think there was more to our "wee" friend
All the best, Malcolm
Morning Malcolm.
I haven't responded to that thread because I feel embarrassed about being praised for doing my job. I do thank you and Alan for the good report though.
I am aware that some bad eggs gave the profession a bad name but I could name heads of all Departments who were guilty of transgressions as well as staff from head office including Superintendents.
The weather has just picked up here after serious floods covering the North East with people being evacuated from their homes in Morpeth(again) and other counties up here. In fact I thing the A1 is stilled blocked by standing water around the Catterick area.
I hope your family have a pleasant time over here and I don't want you getting into any trouble when they are away (clubbing etc)
I know what you youngsters are like.
Take Care Malcolm.

Regards

Leo