Barrington Pheloung - Ships Nostalgia
17:01

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Barrington Pheloung

User Tag List

Old 19th August 2019, 13:13
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Radio Officer
Active: 1960 - 1966

My location
Barrington Pheloung

Surprised that no other 'Sparkies' picked up on the recent death of Barrington Pheloung, especially those from Oz. I have to say that I did eventually detect the morse code in the title music of the detective series but although he might have been a great musician, Barrington's morse would not have won him any prizes or any compliments from the other end of the key.

Much of his music is familiar from TV and radio programmes but I only remember linking his name to the Inspector Morse - perhaps it was given greater emphasis in the titles which ran at the end of each episode.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49190169

Never regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many. Don't worry about old age - it doesn't last.