Tasman Venture/Enterprise - Page 2 - Ships Nostalgia
02:20

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Tasman Venture/Enterprise

User Tag List

Old 26th May 2019, 14:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT McRae View Post
Hi Aussiemade and John Dick Jnr
I was Second Engineer of the Tasman Enterprise for nearly 5 years, and was actually aboard when Capt.Huw Williams died when we were on passage to Brisbane. It was a very sad occasion because he was much loved by his crew. I do remember you too Margaret. Nice to see you remember Huw fondly after all these years.
I did not sail with John Dick, he was my counterpart on the Tasman Venture during my time in Tasman Pulp and Paper, but I met him socially on a number of occasions. He was very much admired as an engineer and a top bloke. Another casualty of the dreaded mesothelioma I believe, which is unfortunately quite common amongst marine engineers who lived and worked through the era of ignorance regarding the dangers of asbestos.
I too have some very happy memories of the people I met over many years on both the Enterprise and Venture with the late Graeme Bigwood. Perhaps our paths have crossed over the years.
Lyn - Melbourne