Ships Nostalgia banner

Redifon RMT1500

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  pippin 
#1 ·
Has anyone , just possibly got a cct diagram pdf of the Redifon RMT1500 transmitter.
I would dearly like to relate a story regarding the changing of the calling frequency bands,
I remember being advised that we needed to lose either the 4Mhz or 6Mhz bands but the actual solution was very much simpler.

#3 ·
Having once met one of Redifons's design engineers when he came down to investigate my complaints about a BP River boat on its maiden voyage. I was informed that our full set of Radio room gear was 100 % Crawley (??) made and not re badged.
My main complaint was that the R551 Rx was little better than a Marconi A-Lert on MF ! He admitted it was not the best but met type approval.
Nice guy & I learnt a lot that day. It's in my diary as a good day.
Mind you I had never seen SAIT gear..................

#4 ·
I know this happened at Kelvin Hugh's with their Pentland Alpha & Bravo TRx these were replated Racal products, as well as their Foreland VHF'.
Marconi were not above this practice either. As sub contractor I remember I was told told to rebrand a VHS recorder with my companies badge etc, this was a practice I did not agree with, so in the end the prime contractor had to do the deed.

#7 ·
The two principal methods of SSB generation are the filter system, (most common) and the phasing system. The third method was invented by Weaver in the mid 50s and as far as I am aware only Redifon used the system in their transceivers. The radios were often referred to as mickey mouse sets by military users. Plenty of info on the web regarding how the system works. Later Redifon equipment used the filter method.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.