Silver Line Ltd, London - Page 25 - Ships Nostalgia
01:33

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Silver Line Ltd, London

User Tag List

Old 17th September 2019, 13:16

Hi everyone. This is Brian Bailey. I joined Silver Line in 1976 as 1/0 on Alva Star. Then I went mate on Silvereagle, Alvega, Alvenus and finally two trips on Alrai before leaving and coming ashore in 1981. Went into cargo and ship inspection then in Saudi, Dubai, Zug (Switzerland), Singapore and finally Manila where I finally retired and now live.

I remember Vaughn (I think on Alva Star and Silvereagle), Norman Evans, Tony Attwood, Howard Heaton, Allan Eden, Mike Wiggins, Bev Dyke and Andy Hunter.

My memory is fading a bit these days though.

Best regards to all.
Old 7th October 2019, 12:46

My father sailed on the sigsilver! His name was Rex o’reilly Lyons - id love to know more about the travels. I have lots of photo albums and postcards from his time in the navy.