Houlder Offshore Ltd - Page 5 - Ships Nostalgia
17:36

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Houlder Offshore Ltd

User Tag List

Old 31st December 2012, 23:47
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1950 - 2000

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB.WHITTAKER View Post
I would like to second John Mac's best wishes to all involved with Houlder Offshore.It was a steep learning curve for everyone in the mid 70s early 80s but eveyone benifited from it.
Whilst listening to local radio yesterday (Radio Lancashire) a programme called " Joe Fish Country " there was a real " blast from the past " they played Johnny Cash giving it his all with " Ring of Fire ". It took me back to1977 and the Scotsman Bar in Oslo with Joe Sharkey matching anything that Cash could do . Best regards, Bob Whittaker.
I remember it well, best wishes Bob & Hazel.
Old 1st January 2013, 11:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB.WHITTAKER View Post
I would like to second John Mac's best wishes to all involved with Houlder Offshore.It was a steep learning curve for everyone in the mid 70s early 80s but eveyone benifited from it.
Whilst listening to local radio yesterday (Radio Lancashire) a programme called " Joe Fish Country " there was a real " blast from the past " they played Johnny Cash giving it his all with " Ring of Fire ". It took me back to1977 and the Scotsman Bar in Oslo with Joe Sharkey matching anything that Cash could do . Best regards, Bob Whittaker.
Hi Bob.

I still have the Johnny Cash Collection on two rather old tapes but my tape deck gave up a long time ago, so I have nothing to play them on.

Happy & Prosperous New Year to all Ex Houlder Staff.

Regards

Leo
Old 1st January 2013, 13:38

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinero View Post
Hi Alan.
That reminds me of the time on the "Oregis" we had to pay off via the "Skandi Shore" and I think you were there when we took some fillet steak for the skipper and got a case of beer to help pass the time en route to Aberdeen and when we arrived Don Gilbertson had no offshore payments for us as he had spent it all although he repaid us later on.

Regards
Leo
Hi Leo, Vaguely remember both incidents, fillet steak for beer!! would we do that? Also best wishes to one and all for the New Year. Alan
Old 2nd January 2013, 11:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAN TYLER View Post
Hi Leo, Vaguely remember both incidents, fillet steak for beer!! would we do that? Also best wishes to one and all for the New Year. Alan
All just memories now Alan. Have a good new year and love to Ann. Spoke to Cheddar and Jonesy yesterday and both are quite well

Leo
Old 27th September 2015, 12:23

My location
Alan (Cuddles) Smith

Had an e-mail from Bob Whittaker telling me "Cuddles" had sadly passed away recently. No doubt many of the Offshore members will remember him with fond memories. RIP Alan.
Old 27th September 2015, 13:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAN TYLER View Post
Had an e-mail from Bob Whittaker telling me "Cuddles" had sadly passed away recently. No doubt many of the Offshore members will remember him with fond memories. RIP Alan.
Extremely sad to hear about Alan he was a true Gent.

My thoughts are with his family.

Rest in peace Alan