Ships Nostalgia banner

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all you old Boltonians

7K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Philip Pick 
#1 · (Edited)
The title says it all, but I want to back it up with my heartfelt appreciation for sailing with Boltons in its various guises...I met the best people on board, had the worst and the best runs on ships that were brilliant or maybe just "challenging"

The outcome of it all was 1968 through about 1984, then moved on to SSM as was chasing a C/E position and just too many good ones working through to retirement on Freddy's ships.

Best wishes to you all and let's spend a few moments at this time of year to remember each other, especially those who crossed the bar, so many good men and so many real seamen also...and then there are the ships...loved them all...

#4 ·
Ian...as someone who looked after the North Yorkshire Ore Carriers,either as a Tees Agent, or BSC HQ Vessel Scheduler, I appreciate that some of the voyages were not quite luxury tours...but you seem to have come out of the other side rather well...
So yes cheers to all Bolton men.

geoff

#5 ·
Hello Geoff, Rievaulx and Ribblehead were my two...seemed like hell as a 16 to 19 year old but the experience set me up for the next 25 years at sea...and from the south of England too :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.