Ships Nostalgia banner

capt/ Gregor Murray.

6K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  P.CHARNLEY 
#1 · (Edited)
Passed over the bar ,9 th August 2010. R I P .Master with Bolton s/s co for many years .

#4 ·
A sad day, sailed with him many times. His rendition of "A white sports coat and a pink carnation" would bring tears to my eyes, mainly because it was so aweful...Great Captain and Shipmate. RIP Gregor.

I will post some pictures of him shortly.......

#7 ·
A sad day, sailed with him many times. His rendition of "A white sports coat and a pink carnation" would bring tears to my eyes, mainly because it was so awful...Great Captain and Shipmate. RIP Gregor.
I only heard him render that once. Once was enough. However, "Down in the West Texas town of El Paso" still runs through my head during drinking parties. Thanks, Chief Engineer Sammy Sanvid . . .

My first Captain, first Cadetship trip, Australia to China. MV Reynolds.

#5 ·
RIP Gregor Murray

So sorry to hear of his passing. I have several happy memories of the trips I did with him. One was when he was on a diet and ordered "Six chips please" with his main course.
A fine captain.

#6 · (Edited)
So sorry to hear of his passing. I have several happy memories of the trips I did with him. One was when he was on a diet and ordered "Six chips please" with his main course.
A fine captain.
Ah yes Lloyd. That was "six chips please" in a heavy Scottish brogue. I'm smiling as I type.

(Please excuse my small hijack - Lloyd, check out "Did you ever have boot laces" in Engine Room, there is a pic of you there.....)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.