Ships Nostalgia banner

Ramsay, Reynolds and Romanic

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Roger Jordan 
#1 ·
I have just heard a comment that Bolton's management regretted the fact that it built the earlier 1950s Ramsay (1952), Reynolds (1953) and Romanic (1954) simply because these were triple-expansion steamers, albeit with exhaust turbines, and it should have gone for motor vessels instead.
The person who has put forward this suggestion feels that because each vessel lasted with the company for only seven or eight years, then they must have been unsuccessful. But my view is that for a British tramp owner company in that era, such a career span would be about right.
I told my informant that he was talking nonsense, but then got thinking ....
Would be interested to hear from any member of this forum who might have a view on this.
Best regards
Roger Jordan

#3 ·
Hello Malky
Before my wife and I decided to retire to Ireland (bad move), we spent a lot of holiday time in Yorkshire, and your posting has brought back memories of what I recall as being a nice little watering hole. My wife says that she too remembers the Bolton Arms -- she remembers all the pubs.
Best regards
Roger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.