Ships Nostalgia banner

Back in Business

6K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Philip Pick 
#1 ·
Hello everybody, Ian (Huckin) here.....sorry it has been so long since visiting and posting but my work life took a big change last year and the dust is only now starting to settle.

Had a major falling out with the Pres. of my last outfit, never have been able to suffer fools or keep my mouth shut, so I resigned in Feb09. Stayed on Kodiak Island and devoted a lot more time to my book and basically chilled out until I started getting fidgity again in May.

To keep it short, I took a position as Senior Project Manager with Andritz Hydro out of Austria and I am located in Webbers Falls, Oklahoma overseeing two Hydro Project refurbs totalling $240 mill. Karen and I have a nice house set in 80 acres of woodland (great hunting) north of a small town called Sallisaw. Still keep our place in Wisconsin though as I guess I might actually retire one day....who knows.

Fact of the matter is I am working 6 x 10hr days so do not have much free time (outside of pubs that is!!!) but I will be getting more actively involved with SN and the Boltons Page again.

I will leave it at that for now and will think of something to pique your interest over the weekend.

Great to be back and sincere best wishes to you all.

Ian

See less See more
#2 ·
Ian, a pity you had not got back on here a few weeks ago, we were in arkansas and oklahoma for a holiday in mid april. Stopped for a break at the info station on I 40 and after that had a lunch stop at checotah ( sonic yuk )
i've lost your email address so can you contact me
howard

#4 ·
Aaaaagh S**T!!!!!!!! You were on my flippin' door step...Sallisaw! Just a smidge west of Fort Smith 4 miles North of I-40 Talk about frustrating.

I tell you what, just come back O.K.? Seems a great idea to me.....

Ere's my email:

r887661@yahoo.com

I'm back with a vegence so keep a big red bleary one on the ER forum....I do beleive I have one or more tales to tell.

Best wishes mate,

Ian

#5 ·
It is unique John, that's for sure. I would recommend anyone to put driving the length of the ALCAN highway on their bucket list. Not for the faint hearted.

#7 ·
G'day Phil,

Good to hear from you. Life is good out here, doing plenty of riding on my latest steed....a fully customised HD FXSTC with a full race bottom end, S&S barrels and Branch heads. Full race cam and......OH YES a bloody great supercharger hanging off the l/h side. 168hp at the rear wheel....yummy!!!!

See the pic Pick (Ha! ha! ha!)

Hey, do you know anybody that was on board the ship that took bunkers on the stbd side but did not shut the port side filling valve??? Filled the accomodation on a Rotterdam family barge full of HO. Always thought that would make a great story here.

Chat with you later....Ian

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.