Ships Nostalgia banner

Bolton Steam Shipping Co Web Site

11K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Richard Milne 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I was contacted by Doug Howick over the weekend and he's supplied me with quite a number of wonderful photographs from his time in Romanic 1954-57.

Time is 'getting on a bit' now so if anyone out there has any material they'd like to be published on this site then please let me know. It doesn't necessarily have to be photographs, any memories or yarns are always welcome too.

Here is the link to my 'People Gallery' which will have to be reorganized now I've got this extra material but, for now I hope this whets someone's appetite.

https://sites.google.com/site/boltonsteamshippingcoltd/people

Best regards to all

#3 ·
Memories

Hi Lloyd, I was on Ribeira at the time of the ER fire, I remember it well. A long trip if I remember. The other apprentices were Geoff Hopkins and Dave Knight (I think).
the attached pic is from the ore wagon era. Capt. Malcolm Siddle, C/O Parry and 2/O Mike Pitick. The other guy I can't remember. The other pic is myself and R/O Kevin Ellison

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.