Ships Nostalgia banner

Smaller Oil Tanker Advice

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Andy Duncan 
#1 ·
Hi, I am new to this forum, lots of great information here!

I am working on a project where I am trying to export crude oil overseas into China, this would be my first time doing this, so I am looking for smaller vessel to ship approximately 7,000MT-10,000MT for the first go around. If successful, I would ramp this up to more than that.

there appears to be a lot of huge tankers out there but I can't seem to figure out the most economical way to ship my smaller quantity of crude oil.

Does anyone have any recommendations or have an idea who would own vessels that could handle this smaller volume?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thx in advance.

#7 ·
New to this forum and only just seen above post, I would think that availability of a GP tanker to move crude may be difficult to obtain as they were mainly used for refined product, however below are 6 of the most experienced tanker brokers you might try .

Clarksons Platou
Galbraith's
E A Gibson Shipbrokers
Simpson Spence Young
Braemar ACM Shipbroking
Howe Robinson Partners

If not they should put you on the right path, don’t have emails but google should help. Sorry if this info is a bit late for you .

EAA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.