City of New York - Ships Nostalgia
11:28

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

City of New York

User Tag List

Old 19th August 2016, 11:55

City of New York

Some time ago I inherited a pencil drawing of mv City of New York, by "PSP (?) Morter".

It is A4 in size and seen in landscape view. It shows the ship as seen from sea level on the port-quarter, with the ship steaming away, rolling gently. It is dramatic in its artistic simplicity.

I inherited it from the sister of the late Captain AHG Jones, who was once master of the ship.

I seem to recall seeing drawings by Morter of other Ellerman ships and wonder if anybody might be able to enlarge upon Morter himself? Was he an Ellerman man? Does anybody know? All information gratefully appreciated.