Shelltankers - Ships Nostalgia
04:29

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Shelltankers

User Tag List

Old 19th March 2014, 17:33

Smile Shelltankers

Hi Lucy Knight, Read you done time on SS ALINDA. I done time on her 64/65 when she was SAN ERNESTO. Good shipmates on board. Usual runs to Curacao plus West Africa and two trips up to BODO,NORWAY and up BALTIC to LULEA ,SWEDEN. It was very cold i can remember,especially when we were on watch in Engine Room.
Sorry to see her end up on the scrapping beach out east!!
Shellsailor
Old 10th July 2014, 15:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsailor View Post
Hi Lucy Knight, Read you done time on SS ALINDA. I done time on her 64/65 when she was SAN ERNESTO. Good shipmates on board. Usual runs to Curacao plus West Africa and two trips up to BODO,NORWAY and up BALTIC to LULEA ,SWEDEN. It was very cold i can remember,especially when we were on watch in Engine Room.
Sorry to see her end up on the scrapping beach out east!!
Shellsailor
Think i have a couple of photos of the crew bar. When they opened it shortly after all the aft accomodation was repaired after that awful fire, the crew had a party. The bar stayed open for a few days until some of the chairs, I heard, were liberated over the side). A couple of the middle aged harmless engine room wipers were trying to turn my head for a photo. I hated cameras. I also have one of the crew messman who kept reminding me he remembered me with my satchel going to to primary school when he had been our milkman. The crew on there were fairly docile, unlike on the next H boat when I made a point of sleeping with a shifter on my door lock after one or two had barged in after midnight and the bosun was caught in the early hours in the midship accomodation wanting to have it out with me by the capt who had just joined. Shell tankers could certainly be lively.