RNZN 75th Anniversary - Ships Nostalgia
15:10

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

RNZN 75th Anniversary

User Tag List

Old 21st November 2016, 04:05
Organisation: Maritime Enthusiast

My location
RNZN 75th Anniversary

The 75th anniversary was celebrated this weekend in Auckland harbor some 24 vessels from around the world joined in the celebrations.
Unfortunately HMNZS Canterbury and HMNZS Te Mana were despatched to provide aid to earthquake stricken Kaikoura on the East Coast of the South Island, which was cut off due to destruction of road and rail links. The Singapore Navy also sent the RSS Resolution to assist, and assist in the evacuation of some 1,500 tourists, and some of the 2,000 Kaikoura inhabitants.
The Sail past in Auckland proceeded with out these vessels, and hope fully some one has some photos of the vessels that took part, HMAS Dechaineaux, HMCS Vancouver, USS Sampson, CNS Yangcheng, HMAS Darwin, ROKS Chungbuk, INS Sumitra, the Japanaese destroyer Takanami, and several ships from other Pacific nations.
The RN was represented by the First Sea Lord, but was unable to send a ship.

Proud to be a Kiwi Janner
Old 21st November 2016, 19:51
Active: 1970 - 1987

I bet he was a tad embarrassed. At least, I hope he was.
Old 22nd November 2016, 19:55

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartskipper View Post
I bet he was a tad embarrassed. At least, I hope he was.
I doubt many people saw him, it was all about the ships. RNZN has just announced another OPV, and a vessel very similar to RFA Diligence, they as well as the new tanker due next year, will be delivered by 2020.

Proud to be a Kiwi Janner
Old 2nd February 2017, 06:24
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Hotels / Catering
Active: 1971 - 1975

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickNZ View Post
The 75th anniversary was celebrated this weekend in Auckland harbor some 24 vessels from around the world joined in the celebrations.
Unfortunately HMNZS Canterbury and HMNZS Te Mana were despatched to provide aid to earthquake stricken Kaikoura on the East Coast of the South Island, which was cut off due to destruction of road and rail links. The Singapore Navy also sent the RSS Resolution to assist, and assist in the evacuation of some 1,500 tourists, and some of the 2,000 Kaikoura inhabitants.
The Sail past in Auckland proceeded with out these vessels, and hope fully some one has some photos of the vessels that took part, HMAS Dechaineaux, HMCS Vancouver, USS Sampson, CNS Yangcheng, HMAS Darwin, ROKS Chungbuk, INS Sumitra, the Japanaese destroyer Takanami, and several ships from other Pacific nations.
The RN was represented by the First Sea Lord, but was unable to send a ship.
they sent the royal marine band though