Ships Nostalgia banner

BP Forties , Kiwi, Sealion,Bedford Dolphin.

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Simon L 
#1 ·
Hi
I was working for Brown & Root ( Eumech) in 77 -79 in the Forties field during the early days of hook up. We used to shuttle from the Kiwi to on whatever platform we were designated. I also remember there was a converted Tanker or Bulker called the Sealion that we used as an accomodation vessel and also a floater accomodation vessel called either the Belford Dolphin or Bedford Dolphin.
Can anyone enlighten me if the Sealion replaced the Kiwi and then the Dolphin replaced the Sealion, can’t remember so far back so clearly now.Anyone know what happened to the Kiwi and Sealion after the Forties.

#7 ·
Belford Dolphin was a former semi-sub drilling platform that had the derrick removed and had a flat deck for stoarge plus accom in 20' containers probably stacked 3 high. She was alongside Forties Charlie for at least the summer of 1980 as I joined her in April 80 as a helideck roustabout. My last trip should have been in September that year but we didn't fly out as there'd been a fire in one of the accom boxes that had been quite severe and I suspect she was then removed and replaced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.