Ships Nostalgia banner

Ex Royal Mail lines

7K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  bazza9999 
#1 ·
New to this forum sailed with RML from 1960-1974 mainly on the E boats to the West Indies, anybody else made those trips in that period?

#2 ·
Welcome

gibraltar,

On behalf of the SN Moderators, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey - we guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
You will certainly spark many happy memories when you have a chance to explore our threads and, who knows, you may even re-establish contact with old shipmates.
Good luck! (Thumb)

#5 ·
Many thanks hope to enjoy the site, and who knows find some old shipmates
I was in the Eden in 63 and then again in 66 anchored off southend during the seamens strike also the Essequibo in 61 first trip in the Eden we did the west coast of South America the old man that trip was polly Perkins great old man I was also in Pilcomayo ,Potaro , and Durango , times like that aint coming back that,s for sure

#8 ·
Ebro 1961

I sailed on the Ebro 1961 2 trips to the West Indies, then joined the Amazon and in 1962 did another 3 trips on the Ebro, in 1963 left Royal Mail and went to Bowring, then Buries Markes and finally Cory Bros,
I was a "Lekky"at first then transferred to Engineer. nice to hear from you, those were the days (Thumb)

#9 ·
I sailed on the Ebro 1961 2 trips to the West Indies, then joined the Amazon and in 1962 did another 3 trips on the Ebro, in 1963 left Royal Mail and went to Bowring, then Buries Markes and finally Cory Bros,
I was a "Lekky"at first then transferred to Engineer. nice to hear from you, those were the days (Thumb)
I was in Bowrings I think in 63 I was a.b. in the Prospero only did one trip over to Philadelphia for grain

#11 ·
Prospero

Sailed on the Propero went to the Great Lakes but for the life of me cannot remember the dates I think 1963/1964. Do you know where I can find some photos of the prospero? would be nice, thanks for replying maybe we were on at the same time!!!!! who knows!!!

#12 ·
Hi.

I joined the MN in 1964 for a two year period. First ship was the RML Durango (1 trip to Australia), and then two West Indies voyages on the Eden, both as Pantry Boy. Transferred over to Port Line (Port Lincoln) and ended up signing off in Liverpool towards the end of the seamans strike.
I do have some pictures from the Eden, when we ran in ballast from the West Indies to Chimbote, Peru to load fishmeal, arriving Christmas Eve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.