Hello to anyone who remembers me - Ships Nostalgia
09:36

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Hello to anyone who remembers me

User Tag List

Old 4th August 2015, 18:05
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Hotels / Catering
Active: 1978 - 1990

Hello to anyone who remembers me

Worked for houlders from 1980-90. Had a great time sailing with, sailed on the Banbury, Hornby grange, joule, Manchester vanguard , Oropesa , abbey and Pacific peace. Can't remember a lot of names of the boys I sailed with but I can remember the great bars in santos and the rest of the s.american coast. Moved offshore in 83 and worked on the high seas driller, uncle John, orelia, baydriller and shelf driller. Happy to catch up with anyone I sailed with.

Mike James
Old 11th August 2015, 08:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtichef View Post
Worked for houlders from 1980-90. Had a great time sailing with, sailed on the Banbury, Hornby grange, joule, Manchester vanguard , Oropesa , abbey and Pacific peace. Can't remember a lot of names of the boys I sailed with but I can remember the great bars in santos and the rest of the s.american coast. Moved offshore in 83 and worked on the high seas driller, uncle John, orelia, baydriller and shelf driller. Happy to catch up with anyone I sailed with.

Mike James
Hi Mike.
I think I remember you, my name is Leo Hannan and I also worked for Houlder Offshore. Your name is familiar but with old age creeping in the memory is not so good.
Regards
Old 11th August 2015, 12:13
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Hotels / Catering
Active: 1978 - 1990

Hi Leo,
We worked together on the high seas driller . I was the night baker and you were the chief steward. We had a night laundryman from Glasgow called Stuart bell and chocolate John ! I remember you mate I used to scuba dive in my time off and you took it up with padi. Nice to see your still around.
Mike
Old 13th August 2015, 12:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtichef View Post
Hi Leo,
We worked together on the high seas driller . I was the night baker and you were the chief steward. We had a night laundryman from Glasgow called Stuart bell and chocolate John ! I remember you mate I used to scuba dive in my time off and you took it up with padi. Nice to see your still around.
Mike
Now I've got you Mike. I ended up as a Scuba Diver Instructor at the club I joined in Newcastle and had some great times.
Well retired now and after 13 years living in Spain have now been back in the UK for 4 years(looking after grandchildren)
Good times were had by all on the HSD and there are quite a few of the guys from Houlder Offshore on this site. What are you up to now?

Regards