Zapata/Offshore Marine - Page 4 - Ships Nostalgia
03:33

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Zapata/Offshore Marine

User Tag List

Old 13th September 2017, 22:24
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Navigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpitcher View Post
Yes I was the skipper on the Fastnet for the rigmove from Pauillac to Gijon. I left the Fastnet in Gijon and next took the Orkney to Labrador towing icebergs
I see you were asking who Howardang is? It was me, Howard Anguish

I was skipper on Fastnet from the launch at Appledore and after a period on Shell charter working the Northern North we went to Pauillac, together with Cromarty. I worked on her based at Pauillac for about a year until leaving to take up a job in the Offshore Marine Chartering/Marketing office in London, a job I did for three years or so and then moved on to a new position as Ops/Marketing Manager with United Towing in Hull. Happy days but it all seems a long time ago!

Cheers

Howard
Old 19th October 2018, 02:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpitcher View Post
Yes I was the skipper on the Fastnet for the rigmove from Pauillac to Gijon. I left the Fastnet in Gijon and next took the Orkney to Labrador towing icebergs
Hello Howard, sorry it took a year to respond - truth is I rarely log in to this site. Yes they were happy days - I learned so much from you on that rig move (it was my first). I also took the Orkney to Labrador (accompanied by the Atlantic Shore / Mike Barber) - it was a good gig. I left OM after that and joined Zapata, and 3 years later I left after a spell as Base Manager and got into management in roro and logistics for the rest of my career. Now living in Canada. All the best, Jack
Old 28th December 2018, 17:09

My first trip on supply vessels was on Zapata Marine's 'Titan Service' working out of Ijmuiden for NAM in 1978
Does anybody have a photo of the old girl?

Last edited by pugwash001; 28th December 2018 at 17:10.. Reason: typo
Old 10th April 2019, 23:29

Big Davey Grief

I remember Big Davey (Barrington) Grief well. One of the best ABs in the North Sea and once badly broken by an anchor against the Dutch bits.
Hope he's doing well, and my other ex-shipmates too.
Steve Whittingham.
Old 22nd April 2019, 12:06

Titan Service deck photos

A couple of not very glamorous photos of Titan Service deck taken about 1983 in West Africa. If I remember correctly it was later fitted with a small winch and worked in a Spanish port for a number of years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Titan Service deck (1).JPG (152.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Titan Service deck (2).JPG (89.6 KB, 4 views)