Anybody out there from CP ships - Page 10 - Ships Nostalgia
03:40

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Anybody out there from CP ships

User Tag List

Old 27th January 2019, 08:26
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Engineering
Active: 1974 - 1987

Hi Again Russ, can you give me a rough date when you and Keith sailed together, or when we were in Vancouver,,,,found Discharge book but nothing jumps out at me. Talking about redundancy , that lovely Alex D Duncan , he ripped me off on that one big style, was on Fort Nelson in Japan, when message arrived, mother serious ill, they got me off and I flew home, mum had stomach cancer, with months to live, whilst helping my father look after my mother, Duncan phoned me to ask how things were, not great at that time, and they needed a 2/E right away, told him that there’s no way I could go, as things were bad with mum, he said a well i’ll Take you off the books for now, 3 months later mum died , and decided to stay ashore as C. P. Were not going in the right direction, I was working out of Hong Kong, Mixed Manning, it was not until years later talking to various sea going pals that I discovered of the dedundancy packages, but never knew anything of it at the time, had more important things on my mind. Life moves on, worked a service engineer for a few years, loved the Job, then wife and family came along, them moved into the whisky production industry, for better money. All my very best for now, Bob
Old 30th April 2019, 21:03

Ian Annand.

Hello all from CP Ships past.. My name is Ian Annand, I am the son of Malcolm Annand, he was a chief engineer at CP Ships until he was made redundant circa 1986.. I think his last ship was Fort Toronto shortly after the Falklands War had ended, he also served on the GA Walker, Fort Colouge/Port Hawkesbury.. does anyone remember him please? He died from terminal cancer in November 1990, still much missed.. Best wishes, Ian.
Old 7th May 2019, 12:00

Hi Ian,
Unfortunately I don't remember your dad. I sailed with CP around the same time though, perhaps we just never crossed paths.
Sorry to hear about your dad's passing, and wish you all the luck in finding someone on here who may of known him.
It might be worth contacting Bob Evans, he has a much better memory than I,
anyway, good luck
Old 18th May 2019, 02:07

Malcolm Annand (Chief Engineer, CP Ships)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanAnnand View Post
Hello all from CP Ships past.. My name is Ian Annand, I am the son of Malcolm Annand, he was a chief engineer at CP Ships until he was made redundant circa 1986.. I think his last ship was Fort Toronto shortly after the Falklands War had ended, he also served on the GA Walker, Fort Colouge/Port Hawkesbury.. does anyone remember him please? He died from terminal cancer in November 1990, still much missed.. Best wishes, Ian.
Just to underpin Ian's comments above, Malcolm (my former father-in-law) joined the Fort Toronto in Port Stanley outer harbour in December 1982 and left in late May 1983. He was one of the best regarded CE's in CP and was very popular with his staff and the rest of the crew. I was serving in the Falklands at the time three anchorages up harbour on the mv Stena Inspector on Naval Party 2010 as a RN Marine Engineer Mechanic. Malcolm invited me over for a 48 hour stay over, which was immense fun and hugely drink filled. The Captain of FT was a real party beast (a Geordie as I remember) - cannot remember his name but sadly passed on a few years later, rumoured to have succumbed to the bottle and found dead in a hotel room. Any help you can give Ian to complete his story would be appreciated. Vic 'Slinger' Woods (WO2ET(ME) - still in the RN!)

The attached photo is him with my daughter Hannah in 1988, shortly before he fell ill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 19880000 - Hannah and Malcolm Annand.jpeg.jpg (13.3 KB, 36 views)