Liner Chusan's Accident - Ships Nostalgia
03:09

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Liner Chusan's Accident

User Tag List

Old 17th August 2009, 20:10

Liner Chusan's Accident

HI I HAVE ADDED A COMMENT WITH REGARDS THE " CHUSAN" BUT HAS DRAWN NO RESPONCE i AM WONDERING IF I AM WRONG ANY OTHER OLD SALTS OUT THERE REMEMBER THIS EVENT,
IN 1952 WHILE I WAS TRAINING ON HMS WORCESTER AT GREENHITHE WE TURNED TOO ONE MORNING TO FIND THE CHUSAN HARD AGROUND ON THE ESSEX BANK,, THERE WERE TUGS STANDING BY FROM , SUN TUGS, AND I THINK, WATKINS TUGS. WE NEVER DID FIND OUT HOW SHE GOT THERE OR WHOS FAULT, BUT QUITE FUNNY TO SEE COWS (MOO COWS) GRAZING AROUND ANCHORS, ITS CURIOUS THAT THERE APPEARS TO BE NO RECORD OF THIS IN HER HISTORY, MAYBE THERE WAS TO MUCH EMBARRSSMENT BETWEEN CAPTAIN AND PILOT . AND PASSED OF AS AN EMERGENCY DRILL.
REGARDS TO ALL, LAWRENCE