hms wilton(L128) - Ships Nostalgia
06:20

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

hms wilton(L128)

User Tag List

Old 13th April 2013, 08:34

hms wilton(L128)

hi all
i wondered if anyone can help me.my father served on"hms wilton(L128) in ww2.would anyone know if it is possible to purchase a model of dad's ship.

i have hit a brick wall,in my endeavour to find if such a model exists.any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

regards
colin
Old 7th October 2018, 16:12

signalman

There are plastic kits of hunt class 2 on Ebay though not of Wilton ,they are 1-700 scale and are made by IBG Models a Polish company ,i used the model to make a model of HMS Wilton as my uncle served on her between 04/02/1942 and 10/11/1943 he was a petty officer stoker ,i used a vernier caliper to up scale the model by 8 times as you can see off the picture the plastic model is pretty small
Attached Images
File Type: jpg H.M.S. WILTON HUNT II CLASS DESTROYER (1).jpg (374.8 KB, 74 views)
Old 7th February 2019, 10:59

does anyone know what the signal flag call sign of HMS Wilton L128 is
Old 4th April 2019, 12:13
Organisation: Royal Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by norman barber View Post
does anyone know what the signal flag call sign of HMS Wilton L128 is
What a splendid result you have achieved, particularly working from such a small "original". Apologies for my late arrival but, if you are planning to hoist the most appropriate flags and no one can provide L128's callsign, you could always use the last WILTON's as a little in-house joke, namely GOTW I believe.

Jack
Old 4th April 2019, 16:01

signalman

Thanks for that ,i have since seen a model of Wilton flying a three flag call sign FMG perhaps prefix of G ,not well up with R N call signs ,do the navy only show three flags and leave the prefix letter missing and was this only during WW2,we have a lot of navy ships coming to Darwin especialy U.S ships who fly four flags beginning with the prefix N