Sd14 - Ships Nostalgia
17:11

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Sd14

User Tag List

Old 13th September 2006, 17:45
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Pilotage

Sd14

Has any one out there attempted building "Marcle models" SD14 ?,Its built out of card and ends up 7 ft long.
Iam quite enjoying the experience though I dont think I shall show anyone the finished product !!
If any one has any tips in its construction I would be interested to read them !,
The final model being 7ft long, my wife has suggested a holiday on the french canals in it !
Look forward to any comments
Will.
Old 13th September 2006, 18:24

I've often pondered about buying it, but I know that after the initial burst of activity, it would probably end up in the garage awaiting the day my children (7 & 4) leave home and I can finally return to my hobbies.
Why do you not want to show off the finished product? Is it more complicated than expected? Do you recommend it as a full model or buying it in three sections? Anyway, good luck with it, and don't forget, on the French canals, they drive on the other side!
Fred
Old 9th December 2007, 15:38

Hallo,

If you are interested in the model, espacially the building progress of it have a look on:
www.kartonmodell-forum.de and go to"Bauberichten" and then to "Schiffahrt" and you will find almost the complete construction of the model.
Are you building he model yourself??

regards,

Gert Vaanderen
Old 1st January 2008, 22:10

sd14 model

hi in the process of having a working model built 17 feet long and 2.6 feet wide! will post some pics when i get started
regards
peter