What is this - Ships Nostalgia
04:19

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

What is this

User Tag List

Old 28th December 2014, 22:16
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1953 - 2014

My location
What is this

This came through today on this site as a PM. Anybody else received it?

Compliment of the Season
Dear Friend, how are you

I am Sgt.Jackson Wood a war veteran with the United Nations troop in Libya, on war against terrorism. I served in the 1st Armored Division in Tripoli. Based on the United States legislative and executive decision for withdrawing troops from Iraq. I have been redeployed to come and work in Libya on the platform of North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). Our mission is to help beef up terrorist targeted states, mostly the United States and the European Union on the war against terrorism.

On the other hand, I want to inform you that I and my partner (Trooper James Anthony Leverett) have the sum of 22.2 million USD, which we got from a crude oil deal in Iraq before he was killed by an explosion while on a vehicle patrol. Due to this incident, I want you to receive these funds on my behalf as far as I can be assured that my share will be safe in your care until I complete my service here Libya and come over to meet with you.

Since we are working here on an Official capacity, I cannot keep these funds hence my contacting you.I guarantee and ensure you that this is a risk free deal. I want you to know that we have successfully moved these funds as consignment, out to Europe with the help of a Red Cross agent.

I just need your acceptance to help me receive these funds and all is done. Since the death of my partner, my life is not guaranteed here anymore, so I have decided to share these funds with a reliable and trusted person than the funds lodging in the bank for no interest.I want you to tell me how much you will take from this money for the assistance you will give to me. One passionate appeal I will make to you is not to discuss this matter with anybody, should you have reasons to reject this offer, please and please destroy this message as any leakage of this information will be too bad for us as soldiers here in Libya.

I do not know how long we will remain here, and I have been shot, wounded and survived so many suicide bomb attacks thankfully, this and other reasons I will mention later have prompted me to reach out for help, I honestly want this matter to be resolved immediately, please contact me as soon as possible on my e-mail address Have a nice day.

Regards,

Sgt.Jackson Wood
Reply to my email: [email protected]
Old 28th December 2014, 23:33

Angry

A SCAM I used to get this sort of stuff all the time, mostly from Ghana
Old 28th December 2014, 23:35

Angry

Many times from females....signing off as 'Your Sister In Christ"
Old 28th December 2014, 23:40
Active: 1953 - 2014

My location
What is this

Thought so - thanks.
Old 28th December 2014, 23:56
James_C James_C is offline   SN Supporter
Malim Sahib Moderator
Department: Navigation

My location
duquesa,
I received it myself. The Mods are aware of it and the originator will be banned.

I would ask all members that if they receive similar PM's then please notify the Mods and it'll be dealt with.

Jim
Old 28th December 2014, 23:58

Yes a scam. See "DODGY private message from Libya/Nigeria" posted on the Members Noticeboard Forum.

Ron.
Old 29th December 2014, 00:06
Department: Engineering
Active: 1947 - 1954

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacktar1 View Post
A SCAM I used to get this sort of stuff all the time, mostly from Ghana
Happy New Year, where have you been keeping yourself.
Old 29th December 2014, 07:59
Organisation: Royal Navy
Active: 1951 - 2010

My location
Hi,

Yes I received the same message.

Have notified the Mods.

Regards
Old 29th December 2014, 10:35
Active: 1954 - 1981

yer had the same send me your banl details and i will transfer this money into your account

yer i didnt come down the Clyde on a cream cracker .
Old 29th December 2014, 12:13

When the dust settles, it would be interesting to know from the Mods just how many forum members received messages. I also wonder if any other on-line forums were targetted.

Ron.
Old 29th December 2014, 17:41

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rogers View Post
Happy New Year, where have you been keeping yourself.
Hi John, A Happy New Year to you and family. Keeping a low profile I guess, fell off the roof about 6 weeks ago........lucky, fell 12 feet, busted rt foot, a 8 " gash in leg and black and blue all over ! What was I doing on roof ? Insanity, Senility and Stupidity !!!
Old 16th January 2015, 23:46
Active: 1957 - 1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacktar1 View Post
Hi John, A Happy New Year to you and family. Keeping a low profile I guess, fell off the roof about 6 weeks ago........lucky, fell 12 feet, busted rt foot, a 8 " gash in leg and black and blue all over ! What was I doing on roof ? Insanity, Senility and Stupidity !!!
That looks like 3 of Fred Everard ships on the end and what happened to your Sky Hook ???? one hand for you and one for the job
Don,t worry we have all done something similar hope you are well on the mend !!!!!