Harrisons Clyde - Page 4 - Ships Nostalgia
13:26

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Harrisons Clyde

User Tag List

Old 22nd August 2019, 15:51

[QUOTE=MMA;2944843]You might like to know that when I clicked on the Clydesite to see pic of Volnay, a threat warning from my security system came up. I assume it's a reputable site?

Yes, it is a reputable site. Not sure why you saw such a warning. I am one of several content validating editors of the ship database
Old 22nd August 2019, 17:57
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Radio Officer
Active: 1960 - 1966

My location
[quote=BillH;2999359]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA View Post
You might like to know that when I clicked on the Clydesite to see pic of Volnay, a threat warning from my security system came up. I assume it's a reputable site?

Yes, it is a reputable site. Not sure why you saw such a warning. I am one of several content validating editors of the ship database
Possibly the site owners/operators may have failed to renew their site security licence. Your security system will detect this lack and be unable to verify the site and flag up this point. (In the past this happened to SN).

Never regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many. Don't worry about old age - it doesn't last.
Old 23rd August 2019, 15:14
Department: Deck
Active: 1965 - 2009

Re VOLNAY

I've just tried the link again and got the same response - big exclamation mark and threat alert warning.
Old 23rd August 2019, 15:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA View Post
Re VOLNAY

I've just tried the link again and got the same response - big exclamation mark and threat alert warning.
As I said, I flagged up this problem and our IT man has further responded on our site forum:-

"I checked the conversation over on S/N and MMA is on the wrong website (old defunct)
Bill we will leave it to you to give him directions : - http://www.clydeships.co.uk/view.php?ref=17797

On security certs, To clarify: we don't have one for our website, our host has one cert for each server. These security certs are a money making racket for google and others. Browsers are now showing a warning sign when you visit a site which does not have its own cert, thereby pushing site owners to purchase. Not sure how much they cost in the UK, over here they are 40 euro per year.

Last edited by BillH; 23rd August 2019 at 20:45..
Old 23rd August 2019, 22:46

If at all possible could an Admin on here delete the links posted by ian d.cameron back in 2008. The web site these links resolve to has long since gone to the breakers yard. The domain has been purchased by someone and host's lots of adverts.

For information on Ships built at all of the yards in Scotland go here Caledonian Maritime Research Trust >> .
This website is updated daily by a dedicated team of volunteer editors. Please pay us a visit.
PS you might also like to view British and Irish Shipyards >>

Last edited by WreckMaster; 24th August 2019 at 16:13..
Old 23rd August 2019, 23:01
Department: Engineering
Active: 1962 - 1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by WreckMaster View Post
If at all possible could an Admin on here delete the links posted by ian d.cameron back in 2008. The web site these links resolve to has long since gone to the breakers yard. The domain has been purchased by someone and host's lots of adverts.

For information on Ships built at all the yards in Scotland go here http://www.clydeships.co.uk/ .
This website is updated daily by a dedicated team of volunteer editors. Please pay us a visit.
PS you might also like to view British and Irish Shipyards
The http://www.clydeships.co.uk/ takes me to: http://caledonian%20maritime%20research%20trust/
which returns: This site can’t be reached

If I copy and strip through 'Notebook' then I get:
http://www.clydeships.co.uk/

p.s. Found a few of my old ships in there - and Alexander Stephens yard where we fitted some of our equipment. Aahh, memories . . .

Last edited by Basil; 23rd August 2019 at 23:15..
Old 24th August 2019, 11:17

Links fixed

Thanks Basil, fixed it.
Old 24th August 2019, 15:09
Department: Deck
Active: 1965 - 2009

All is good - have used revised web address and taking pleasure in looking at Volnay after so many years. Thanks for assistance chaps.