Cunard Countess - Page 2 - Ships Nostalgia
11:21

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Cunard Countess

User Tag List

Old 3rd March 2014, 10:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm S View Post
Beg to differ again - front row as you look at the picture - far right is Alan Marsden, Radio Op. Confirmed by the man himself, and others. Rick Collinson was much stockier in build.

Malcolm
Alan Marsden .... I concur. Knew him in Grimsby where Radio Operator was a common term, but on a Cunard Fleischdampfer .... "Officer" please!

Alan, what are you doing with your fingers? Reminds me of an amusing old joke about lady smokers.

John T
Old 8th March 2014, 23:39

Forgot the name of Jamie Luke his twin worked on the ambassador forgot his name also worked with them both on countess/princess.
Old 9th March 2014, 18:31
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1962 - 2011

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameritron View Post
Forgot the name of Jamie Luke his twin worked on the ambassador forgot his name also worked with them both on countess/princess.
David and Jamie Luke, used to live near Bournemouth but no idea where they are now. Knew their mother as well, lovely lady.

Malcolm
Old 23rd April 2014, 20:36
Department: Engineering
Active: 1972 - 2010

Hi Malcolm and all, I sailed on the Countess 78/79. Jim Hayes informed a little time ago that Fred had passed on , Fred introduced me to "America's hobby center" 22 nd street N.Y. whilst we served on the Princess doing the NY/ Bermuda run.
Old 29th April 2014, 01:24
Department: Deck
Active: 1962 - 2011

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul williams View Post
Hi Malcolm and all, I sailed on the Countess 78/79. Jim Hayes informed a little time ago that Fred had passed on , Fred introduced me to "America's hobby center" 22 nd street N.Y. whilst we served on the Princess doing the NY/ Bermuda run.
Greetings Paul,
Sorry for the delay, been away on a car rally - great fun. Sorry to hear about Fred, as I recall he was an 'all round good egg' and got on with everybody. Cant have been that old but if memory serves me he smoked quite heavily.
Malcolm
Old 4th November 2016, 16:45

hi there

I was on Cunard adventurer,i was the person crushed in a water tight door in may 1975,any one remember that?