Amey Roadstone ARC Dredgers - Ships Nostalgia
01:29

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Amey Roadstone ARC Dredgers

User Tag List

Old 17th June 2010, 23:10

Question Amey Roadstone ARC Dredgers

I worked with My uncle Evan on the Arco Trent and I worked aboard the Arco Scheldt in 1976 as AB/Steward, does anyone remember me? Think I made the Captains boiled eggs just the way he liked them Looking for the chief engineer on the Arco Trent, he lived in Suffolk and had a thing for shotguns and Machine guns, ie. from crashed fighter aircaraft WW2 vintage, anyone any ideas?.....Think his first name began with an 'L' if that helps
Old 9th August 2010, 11:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerx1 View Post
I worked with My uncle Evan on the Arco Trent and I worked aboard the Arco Scheldt in 1976 as AB/Steward, does anyone remember me? Think I made the Captains boiled eggs just the way he liked them Looking for the chief engineer on the Arco Trent, he lived in Suffolk and had a thing for shotguns and Machine guns, ie. from crashed fighter aircaraft WW2 vintage, anyone any ideas?.....Think his first name began with an 'L' if that helps
Hi Iwas in Arco Severn about that time then went on to Arco Test, / Arco Thames.the chief you are looking for I think was Linden Cox he was in the Test when i was there and he came from Ipswich.
Old 22nd May 2013, 08:06
Organisation: RNLI
Department: Deck

My location
capt Frank James

I was informed last night,that Frank passed away suddenly,yesterday morning.
Old 22nd May 2013, 08:40

Hi
I am sorry to hear that i knew Frank when he was Master of the Rockstone in the Late 60s when Running to Shoreham Capt Tanner took over from him about 68 and Frank went in the Wightstone or Bankstone and i was in the Rockstone with Bob in the Summer of 68 for a few weeks
Regards
Granty
Old 12th February 2014, 08:11

Julian Elliott

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerx1 View Post
Lyndon Cox is the name of the chief you are looking for
Old 9th November 2014, 21:39

To Hobgoblin and JulianElliott, Thank you for your help in putting the name t the Chief Engineer on The Arco Trent. Yes it was Lyndon Cox and he did come from Ipswich, thank you both again for your help
Old 2nd January 2016, 19:42
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Engineering
Active: 1972 - 1993

Colincook

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
I was informed last night,that Frank passed away suddenly,yesterday morning.
I'm recently looking up my past on Westminster gravels were I started as a deck boy then 1970 on the Whitestone at Rotherhithe with capt f james I'm sorry to here of his passing .other ships worked on w.d and arc are rockstone seastone bankstone nabstone deepstone marine v1 changed her to marinestone with f james arco thames arco tyne arco Severn arco axe . I started of as deck boy then went jos then sos then Dhu then ab I ended up as deck Engineer and doing discharges on the arco swale deepstone to the arco humber I finished on arc year in 92 thank you for your time sandman good luck.get in touch cheers.