examining body - Ships Nostalgia
20:01

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

examining body

User Tag List

Old 7th April 2019, 12:27

examining body

Hello, my name is Stewart Ross, I did an engineer cadet ship with shell tankers, in 1978/9 at highbury technical college Portsmouth, unfortunately I lost my certificates during house moves, could anyone tell me who the examining body for o.n.d was so that i may be able to track down a copy certificate, i would appreciate any help cheers Stew.

Last edited by Pompeyfan; 7th April 2019 at 16:34..
Old 7th April 2019, 16:07
ART6 ART6 is offline   SN Supporter
Super Moderator
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Engineering
Active: 1958 - 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by trgb_1 View Post
Hello, my name is Stewart Ross, I did an engineer cadet ship with shell tankers, in 1978/9 at highbury technical college Portsmouth, unfortunately I lost my certificates during house moves, could anyone tell me who the examining body for o.n.d was so that i may be able to track down a copy certificate, i would appreciate any help cheers Stew.
Hi Stewart. Welcome to SN!

First point: it is not a good idea to post your personal email address in an Internet forum because that can attract scammers and trolls. Communication between SN members is by private messages (PMs), which are secure. You can send and receive them completely confidentially -- see "Site Help" for further information.

Have you tried contacting the college? I would have thought that they would have the records of your attendance there.

Regards

ART6

Last edited by ART6; 7th April 2019 at 19:14.. Reason: Private email deleted.
Old 7th April 2019, 16:41
Super Moderator

Stewart

I have deleted your e-mail address in line with site policy. As my colleague stated, it is not a good idea to post you e-mail address on the forums. You could be inundated with e-mails. If you need to contact other members or them you, please use the sites private message system. You can then reveal your e-mail if you so wish, but not on the forums.

Welcome to SN by the way. Any questions please ask.
Old 7th April 2019, 16:49
Department: Navigation
Active: 1964 - 1982

My location
David, it`s still there in ART6`s posting.
Old 7th April 2019, 19:16
ART6 ART6 is offline   SN Supporter
Super Moderator
Active: 1958 - 1970

Not any more it isn't. My mistake!
Old 8th April 2019, 09:49
Active: 1981 - 2003

My location
Hi,

My certificates were issued by SCOTEC, this link may help https://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/212.html

Note that they were issued by English colleges also

Good luck

George Santayana (1863 - 1952)
Old 9th April 2019, 08:07
Department: Deck
Active: 1957 - 1972

you might get help here ... facebook page Shell Tankers (UK) Ltd. good luck
Old 9th April 2019, 09:42
Department: Navigation
Active: 1976 - Present

In 78/79, Certificates of Competency were controlled by the DTI/DTP and the OND/ONC's were run by the colleges. As someone else said, the Certs of Competence were taken over by Scotvec on behalf of the government department so you can probably trace them there. I hope this is helpful?
Old 14th April 2019, 08:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by trgb_1 View Post
hi, good morning in my day 61 the ond was an exam set by thd college with an overal pass mark of 50 percent, with any one subject minimum pass 40 percent i n any one of the two years end of term examinations, the finial certificate was an ond in engineering issues i believe by the imeche and endosed by the imare??? Good hunting