countess wear - Ships Nostalgia
16:41

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

countess wear

User Tag List

Old 21st January 2008, 02:37

countess wear

does any one in here know of pictures and the fate of the small effluent tanker countess wear? she used to run out of exeter docks and run out to lyme bay to dump (forgive the pun).
Old 21st January 2008, 19:24

My location
Hi Nordica,

She stopped her trade in 1997, but I'm not sure what happened to her. She was also known as SW2.

I'll make some enquiries, I live in Exeter, and see if I can dig up a photo.

Regards,
Richard.
Old 23rd January 2008, 16:15

Hi,
Anyone driving along the M5 probably knew this pretty little ship. A guy I met at Baltic Wharf at Totnes told me she was last heard of running fresh water into (British) Guyana. This was about seven or eight years ago.
Apparently she had stainless steel tanks which made her ideal for this trade - as long as they cleaned them well following her previous occupation.
Old 23rd January 2008, 16:40
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1970 - 1987

My location
As stated, she could always be seen tied-up/loading at the effluent outlet on the Exeter canal as you drove along the M5.
Sad to see that berth now overgrown and no longer in use.