Chasing the Tide - Ships Nostalgia
05:09

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Chasing the Tide

User Tag List

Old 12th August 2017, 19:25

Chasing the Tide

Would like to thank everyone for helping me keep in touch with the old way of life. My novel, Chasing the Tide, is dedicated to all seafarers. Google in 'Chasing the Tide by Ken Davies' to find it on Amazon. Bless you all!
Old 13th February 2018, 15:02

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Glasdir View Post
Would like to thank everyone for helping me keep in touch with the old way of life. My novel, Chasing the Tide, is dedicated to all seafarers. Google in 'Chasing the Tide by Ken Davies' to find it on Amazon. Bless you all!
Just finished this splendid tale of the sea. It's rich and detailed enough to become a work of reference for the life of a British deckhand in the 50s and 60s. There are threads of tangled secrets that keep the pages turning.
Old 13th February 2018, 22:57
Organisation: Merchant Navy

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Glasdir View Post
Ken, reading Harry's endorsement of your book, it is now on my list of high priorities, amongst other important 'must do' matters!

Cheers,

Taff
Old 14th February 2018, 11:32

Thanks harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Nicholson View Post
Just finished this splendid tale of the sea. It's rich and detailed enough to become a work of reference for the life of a British deckhand in the 50s and 60s. There are threads of tangled secrets that keep the pages turning.
Hello Harry. Thanks for your kind words. I wrote Chasing the Tide to share something of the flavour of sea-life, good, bad and indifferent, the pain of trying to swallow the anchor and to encourage the belief that there is indeed, life after seafaring. But the old life is never forgotten. Once a seafarer always only an ex-seaman. I sailed on deck from 1956 to 1966 the did some short stints in the seventies - ship delivery, support tug during the cod-war and dredgers. Glad you enjoyed the story. Make contact any time.
Old 17th February 2018, 05:41
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1957 - 1972

I too enjoyed it a good yarn ...reminded me of my early days at sea about the same era