Hi Everyone. - Ships Nostalgia
08:28

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Hi Everyone.

User Tag List

Old 31st August 2018, 01:02

Hi Everyone.

First I would like to say I love reading all the stories on this wonderful site. A little information of what I’m looking for. My great grandfather was a harbor master, and lived in Lossiemouth, Scotland. He passed away in the 1930’s so I’m not sure if anyone may remember him. His name was William Stewart and I’ve tried to find out the names of the boats that he was on. He also worked as a volunteer at the lifeboat station in Lossie that is now an abandoned building. Lesson learned! A child should always listen to their Grandad’s stories about their childhood or I wouldn’t be in this predicament. I will continue to do research, and will also continue reading all these incredible stories. I’m not sure I could handle the seas even though it’s in my blood. Being a female I’m quite afraid of the unknown of what lays ahead in such a huge body of water lol. I should give myself more credit though😀😃
Old 31st August 2018, 02:18

Hi from NZ and welcome to the site. Hope you get some replies to your request. Ex Leith pool.
Old 31st August 2018, 06:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty59 View Post
First I would like to say I love reading all the stories on this wonderful site. A little information of what Iím looking for. My great grandfather was a harbor master, and lived in Lossiemouth, Scotland. He passed away in the 1930ís so Iím not sure if anyone may remember him. His name was William Stewart and Iíve tried to find out the names of the boats that he was on. He also worked as a volunteer at the lifeboat station in Lossie that is now an abandoned building. Lesson learned! A child should always listen to their Grandadís stories about their childhood or I wouldnít be in this predicament. I will continue to do research, and will also continue reading all these incredible stories. Iím not sure I could handle the seas even though itís in my blood. Being a female Iím quite afraid of the unknown of what lays ahead in such a huge body of water lol. I should give myself more credit though😀😃
I live in Burghead.You could try contacting the Lossiemouth Fisheries Museum.