shipping after covid19 - Ships Nostalgia
05:11

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

shipping after covid19

User Tag List

Old 10th May 2020, 10:02

shipping after covid19

wonder what to expect to world wide shipping in the recovery from this virus, that, and the us govts arm military sealift command, like the uk RFa... their budgets must be broken now, msc, has covid19 infections on a few ships, plus areal pickle they are in, the office, through unofficial channels issued a gangway up order, to which crews notified labour and they acted, now msc facing its day in the dock on this... anyone think msc will win this or crews will get a heavy compensation... if that happens, could this just bring down the roof on that agency.
Old 30th May 2020, 09:54
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Navigation
Active: 1967 - 1979

I feel really sorry for crews due for payoff and there are not any flights to get them home.
After the worst of this is over I would expect a big downturn of work.
Back to the 1930's when you heard stories of ships with 6 AB's each with a Master FG certificate
Hope I am all wrong over this!