Captain John Graham Harrison, Ex BP. - Ships Nostalgia
18:29

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Captain John Graham Harrison, Ex BP.

User Tag List

Old 2nd April 2008, 18:14

Captain John Graham Harrison, Ex BP.

The Calgary Herald posted the following obituary for Graham Harrison on April 1,2008.

Graham Harrison of Okotoks, Alberta, died suddenly at the age of 74, on March 25th. He is survived by his wife, three children, and nine grandchildren.

Graham was born in England, but lived in Scotland for many years.

He was a ships captain with BP Oil, later becoming a BP Marine superintendent for BP's Offshore drilling operations in the North Sea.
In 1977, he emigrated to Canada, becoming a drillship captain and then Marine superintendent for Dome Petroleum's Arctic operations before retiring in 1989.

Graham then started a new career as a cattle rancher in Millarsville, Alberta,
then launching a Fencing contractors business.

He also served several terms as the Chairman of both the Youth Justice committe, and the police commission in Okotoks,Alberta.

The cause of death was apparently cancer.

Last edited by Joe Rooney; 2nd April 2008 at 18:16..
Old 7th May 2008, 04:24

Captain Graham Harrison

Many thanks Joe Rooney for the information about Captain Harrison, I knew him well, we relieved one another both as Second Mates and as Chief Officer in the 60's, and were both Captain's of the Sea Quest in the North Sea. The last time I saw him was to catch a plane from Rotterdam to Edinburgh for some leave. I didn't know he had emingrated to Canada, as I had to Australia.
a sad note, I have sent condolences to his wife Brenda through the internet.
Tony Maskell