Ships Nostalgia banner

Grace 1

Tags
grace 1
7K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  ChasD 
#1 · (Edited)
Just noticed that the rather controversial tanker "Grace 1" that was impounded and held at anchor off Gibraltar has, over the weekend, changed her name to "Adrian Darya 1". Registered under the Panamanian flag. Still has all the same relevant IMO data. Presumably now intends to wander off someplace. Be interesting to see where she finishes up - and of course whether the tankers on the other end of the 'debate' are now released.
Update : Now showing as about 50nm east of Gib. heading for Kalamata (Greece) now under Iranian Flag (0800z)

#5 · (Edited)
Change of Orders !

She is presently showing as south of Sardinia, slow steaming (about 8knots) with destination now Mersin, Turkey. Kalamata in Greece could not have taken a ship of that size, nor, I suspect, any other Greek port.

Hi Elek, sorry, no, I was far east with Shell that era.
Regards …. Chas

#6 ·
She is presently showing as south of Sardinia, slow steaming (about 8knots) with destination now Mersin, Turkey. Kalamata in Greece could not have taken a ship of that size, nor, I suspect, any other Greek port.

Hi Elek, sorry, no, I was far east with Shell that era.
Regards …. Chas
And Mersin is only a few hours steaming from Banias, the alleged original destination.

#12 ·
As mentioned on the "Arrested Ships" thread the Comoros Island registered tanker Savior departed Mersin anchorage light ship yesterday after laying there for some weeks.

Her destination according to AIS is /was Port Said. She arrived off Baniyas early morning and has not reported for over 16 hrs. Baniyas was the original destination for the Adrian Darya's oil.

Possibly STS transfer proposed.

BW

j(Gleam)(Gleam)

#15 ·
The ADRIAN is Now heading South (175*).
Also heading North towards her is the SILVIA 1, an Iranian SuezMax (160,000 dwt) that has just transited the Suez Canal.
Her AIS simply gives her destination as 'For Orders'.
As the 'ADRIAN' is too big at 300,000 dwt / 22.1m to get into Banias (100,000 dwt max / 15.8m max draft) ) she will have to do several lightnings / STS, so keep an eye out for any other SuezMax or Aframax tankers coming her way then going dark on AIS

Regards
Andy PRICE

#18 ·
AIS now shows (1405z/30.08.2019) the ADRIAN heading towards ISKENDERUN in Turkey, which is strange as the port has no oil terminal whatsoever and a max. draft of about 10m, so this destination is probably another spoof.
The SILVIA has also gone dark and the SAVIOR as previously mentioned by JMCG also remains dark.
Thank you to JMCG for the newsfeed link which confirms previous shenanigans involving the SILVIA and brings two other ships to the plot namely the iranian flagged JASMINE and the 160k, SANDRO., which is Togo flagged, owned by a Lebanese company which in turn appears to be owned by Syrian interests with close links to Iran.
Can't find the JASMINE on AIS yet but the SANDRO has her AIS on and has just left Limassol Anchorage in Cypress heading south.
With all the world's attention on the ADRIAN maybe she's the decoy to allow the SILVIA to work unmolested.
Only time will tell !!!

Andy PRICE

#24 ·
Becoming a huge embarrassment now with the US unable to do anything about the situation. Gibraltar has been duped by an Arab's promise.

The tanker Savior was"dark" for a few days while anchored approx two miles offshore Baniyas. Yesterday she reported again making her way west from Baniyas then anchored and went dark again . At this time the Adrian Darya was some 60 miles south of her. About an hour later she too went "dark".

As mentioned earlier there are a number of Iranian owned/operated /flagged/ outflagged v/ls around Lebanon /Syrian waters. Most are now "dark",

Whilst Suez is an easy route to get the oil to Syria I cannot see any positives to cut off supplies.

I also read a report that the SBM and associated p/p work at Baniyas had been ruptured a few months back.

BW

J(Gleam)(Gleam)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.