IMO numbers - Ships Nostalgia
13:37

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

IMO numbers

User Tag List

Old 29th September 2019, 23:34
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1958 - 1960

IMO numbers

I find IMO numbers not easy to find. Cally of Säffle with Swedish no 8109 was later Hagö of Skärhamn. I have been looking around without finding the IMO. Can you please help?
Old 30th September 2019, 14:42

Cally was built in 1936 and 200 grt, renamed Hago in 1947. Too early for IMO number.
The "Miramar Ship Index " number is 5139739 but there's very little info there. Miramar is a subscription site.

There are a few photos here, sometimes the Miramar number is used as the IMO
http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/...php?lid=579749

Last edited by Bob S; 30th September 2019 at 14:45..
Old 30th September 2019, 21:40

Thank you so much for your answer. I am working on a homepage with all woden ships from the beginning to the end in Skärhamn Sweden and the first steel ships in the same place from 1928 to 1959. This homepage is available for everyone at ingemarblogspot.blogspot.com.

For the Woden ships I have the Swedish numbers and thats ok but for the steel ships I want to ad also the IMO. That is the reason for my request.

I am very thankful for any help and I just got the IMO for Hagö ex Cally from you. When I work with the ships I will have to get help for those I will not find myself and just now I am looking for the IMO of Hugo 7616, Hero 9795, Eva 8376, Fjordskär 9340, Emma 2144 and Amazone 7224. The numbers are the Swedish numbers. I will be very pleased if you or anyone else can help me.

Thank you
Old 1st October 2019, 13:30

Do you have build dates for those vessels imar, or any other names they traded under. It would make the search easier, too many vessels with the same name.

Regards

Bob
Old 1st October 2019, 16:12

I here send you the info of 6 named ships:

Hugo was built 1916 in Vlardingen at Gebr JS & G Figee, probably as Shamrock 1. Her names after that was Hugo 1, Hugo, Runa, Haka, Susanne Bo and Gefion. Her homeports have been Unknown place in Holland, Djupekås Sweden, Gullholmen Sweden, Skärhamn Sweden, Faxe Ladeplats Denmark, Praestö Denmark, Havneby Denmark and Georgetown Cayman Islands.

Hero built in Gothenburg Sweden at Göteborgs Mekaniska Verkstad (Götaverken) in 1901 as ss Isbjörn (tug). Her names after that was Mia and Hero. Her homeports have been Göteborg Sweden, Kalmar Sweden, Hobro Denmark, Kristinehamn Sweden, Skärhamn Sweden, Göteborg Sweden, Hälsö Sweden, Lovisa Finland, Borgå Finland, Korpilahti Finland, Jyväskylä Finland, Jämsä Finland and Lahtis Finland.

Eva was built in 1916 in Scheveningen Holland as Gertruida Jacoba by Scheveningsche Scheepsbow in Woubrügge. Her names after that has been Jacoba, Eva, Furbo, Saturn, Sölystand Joseph Conrad. Her homeports have been Hällevik Sweden, Stockholm Sweden, Skärhamn Sweden, Nörresundsby Denmark, Fur Denmark, Nörresundsby Denmark, Grenå Denmark and Enkhuuizen The Netherlands.

Fjordskär was built at C Cassens in Emden Holland in 1907 as Caroline for Leerer Heringfischerei AG in Leer Germany. Her names after that have been Fjordskär and Fårö. Her homeports have been Flensburg Gwermany, Skärhamn Sweden and Kappelhamn Sweden.

Emma was built by Carl Gustaf Hasselbom at Oskarshamn Sweden in 1884 for Gustaf Ideström in Västervik Sweden as Emma. Her names after that have been Gustafsfors VII, Emma, Bohus, and Old Mary. Her homeports have been Västervik Sweden, Loftahammar Sweden, Gustafsfors Sweden, Lennartsfors Sweden, Hönö Sweden, Skärhamn Sweden, Göteborg Sweden, Karlskrona Sweden and Stockholm Sweden.

Amazone was built in 1900 by Bornholms Maskinfabrik in Rönne Denmark as Karen for AS P Berg in Nexö Denmark. Her names have been Karen, Herman Blem, Herman and Amazone. Her homeports have been Nexö Denmark, Björkö Viborg Finland, Helsinki Finland, Rönne Denmark, Skillinge Sweden, Malmö Sweden, Skärhamn Sweden, Klädesholmen Sweden, Fisketången Sweden, Göteborg Sweden, Skoghall Sweden, Nykvarn Sweden and Esbjerg Denmark.

Thanks for helping
Old 3rd October 2019, 17:33

Hi Imar

Sorry, can't find any info on those vessels.

Regards

Bob
Old 3rd October 2019, 17:38

Thank you Bob. I guess I have to get used to that I will not be able to present the IMO numbers for all ships in my page.
Old 3rd October 2019, 19:02
Department: Radio Officer
Active: 1960 - 1966

My location
Be aware
that prior to 1982 IMO did not exist, being created that year from the UN's Intergovernmental Maritime Consultative Organisation. The organisation did not begin issuing IMO numbers to ships until 1987.

Never regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many. Don't worry about old age - it doesn't last.