Ellerman ship photos - Page 7 - Ships Nostalgia
23:17

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Ellerman ship photos

User Tag List

Old 9th May 2012, 21:02

Hi A.D.Frost Photoship seems to have being taken of the site tried it two days ago and tonight when i got your reply can you help with them city boats sam2182sw
Old 10th May 2012, 16:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam2182sw View Post
Hi A.D.Frost Photoship seems to have being taken of the site tried it two days ago and tonight when i got your reply can you help with them city boats sam2182sw
Sorry Igave you wrong link www.photoship.co.uk(Thumb)
http://www.photoship.co.uk/JAlbum%20...%20Ely-02.html
Old 11th May 2012, 20:27

thanks sam2182sw
Old 15th July 2012, 09:21
Organisation: Royal Navy
Department: Engineering
Active: 1940 - 1946

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileybloke View Post
Hi, I have been building an Ellerman ship database for the past few years and have over 2300 pictures of Ellerman ships including Wilson, Bucknall, Papayanni, City, ACT ect. These date from the 1870's to the 1980's.
If anyone is looking for a photo of their old ship, I would be happy to e-mail you a copy free of charge. Since I have collected these from a vast variety of sources I have no idea who owns copyright to most of them so I would ask that you respect this and only use them for your own private use.
If anyone out there has any electronic copies of any Ellerman ships I would be happy to add them in to my database for everyones enjoyment.Please include the ships name and date. Thanks to Derek Hudson in Aussie for your valuable contribution.
Hi, I have been trying to get a photo of the City of Christchurch. It was the ship that took a number of the R.N.with several small craft to Dunkirk to assist in the evacuation in 1940. A memorable ship for all of us who were aboard. Tam H.
Old 15th July 2012, 09:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam H View Post
Hi, I have been trying to get a photo of the City of Christchurch. It was the ship that took a number of the R.N.with several small craft to Dunkirk to assist in the evacuation in 1940. A memorable ship for all of us who were aboard. Tam H.
Try this web site aswell
http://www.photoship.co.uk/JAlbum%20...church-01.html
Old 16th July 2012, 07:47
Department: Engineering
Active: 1940 - 1946

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.D.FROST View Post
Hi A.D.,
Thankyou for your prompt and very welcome answer to my request. We boarded her at night and I was not looking towards her when she left us at a buoy off Dunkirk in May 1940. So I really had no idea of her appearance. Altho. I was aboard her for three somewhat hectic and challenging days. An interesting introduction to the R.N. I had enlisted on the 29th of April that year.
Old 16th July 2012, 08:46

Dago

Would you have any photo's of the DAGO sailed on it 1954 on the med run, thanks a lot Reg
Old 16th July 2012, 08:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg View Post
Would you have any photo's of the DAGO sailed on it 1954 on the med run, thanks a lot Reg
Click on this;
http://www.photoship.co.uk/JAlbum%20...s/Dago-01.html
Old 16th July 2012, 10:52

Dago

Thanks a lot , she looks a fine ship, Reg
Old 24th January 2013, 13:49

I might be able to help!!

Hi there, you may be able to point me in the right direction of where to get started. Basically my Great Uncle Captian Stan Conyers passed away recently, he was for years after leaving the Navy the Health and Safety Manager for the Ellermans Shipping Line. He left behind 10 first edition framed prints by various artists of the lines ships at various locations across the globe. They are very beautiful, but wasted sitting here in a box. We offered them to the company and they were not interested even though they are highly collectable. Where should i post, what thread etc? I'd love to find a home for them as i'm sure there are many members on this site that these would be invaluable to.

Many thanks,

Amy
Old 27th January 2013, 09:55

Hi I hope you can help me, my father in laws first ship was the city of Durban ellerman lines and it is about to be his 80th birthday I would love to put some photos together for him and particularly if you had any dates and info related to the photos it would be great. Could you or anyone help me by emailing a few.
Your help will be very much appreciated
Old 27th January 2013, 09:58

Amy
You may see my posting about the city of Durban after yours I don't suppose any are of this ship are they? I would be very interested if they were? What are the other ships?
Old 28th January 2013, 13:28
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1957 - 1991

ian

Do you by any chance have any photos of the C/O Lyons please ?

Peter
Old 6th February 2013, 11:16

Have you any photos of the ship the City of Athens? My father died on board ship in Portugal in 1976. Thanks Joe
Old 11th February 2013, 00:34

Hi there, i'm really sorry i have no idea what ships are in the paintings!! I'm afraid i'm not very knowledgeable on the subject!
Old 11th February 2013, 13:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy262 View Post
Hi there, you may be able to point me in the right direction of where to get started. Basically my Great Uncle Captian Stan Conyers passed away recently, he was for years after leaving the Navy the Health and Safety Manager for the Ellermans Shipping Line. He left behind 10 first edition framed prints by various artists of the lines ships at various locations across the globe. They are very beautiful, but wasted sitting here in a box. We offered them to the company and they were not interested even though they are highly collectable. Where should i post, what thread etc? I'd love to find a home for them as i'm sure there are many members on this site that these would be invaluable to.

Many thanks,

Amy
Greetings Amy 262 from editor Red Duster News letter of the Liverpool Retired Merchant Seafarer.

We will be very happy to give your ship prints a home in our library and arrange for them to be displayed.

We will also be able to identify the ships depicted if you should so wish. Can you E-mail copies to [email protected], Editor Red Duster. They need not be in colour,

We do have a member who is probably the best ship recognition expert in the world.

Regards The Dog
Old 5th March 2013, 08:09
Active: 1952 - 1959

Hi, just enrolled and very interested in finding out my fathers Merchant service record. I know most of the ships he sailed with but need a guide as to where I go to get dates for outward bound trips and destinations. He servied from 1913 until 1939, with a short break with the Army 1917/1919. Any help will be much appreciated.
Best regards to all.
Old 11th March 2013, 07:52
Active: 1952 - 1959

Hi baileybloke, My father sailed on Ellerman ships for twenty plus years. I am at present compiling his service career. I have his ship names and would appreciate some pictures. the two ships I am processing at the moment are, SS Vasco and SS Lesbian.I would very much appreciate pictures if you have them.
Thank you and regards.
marine798
Quote:
Hi, I have been building an Ellerman ship database for the past few years and have over 2300 pictures of Ellerman ships including Wilson, Bucknall, Papayanni, City, ACT ect. These date from the 1870's to the 1980's.
If anyone is looking for a photo of their old ship, I would be happy to e-mail you a copy free of charge. Since I have collected these from a vast variety of sources I have no idea who owns copyright to most of them so I would ask that you respect this and only use them for your own private use.
If anyone out there has any electronic copies of any Ellerman ships I would be happy to add them in to my database for everyones enjoyment.Please include the ships name and date. Thanks to Derek Hudson in Aussie for your valuable contribution.
Old 13th March 2013, 10:06

MV City of Johannesburg (c1955)

Hi baileybloke,
I have an old friend who has recently be diagnosed with Mesothelioma, Who sailed on his first trip in 1955. I would be very appreciative if you could post a picture so I could frame it & give it to him.

Thanks in anticipation,

Arthur C. ex 3/E Houlders
Old 22nd March 2013, 19:43
Organisation: Tugs
Active: 1966 - 1970

Ellermans tugs

Hi Baileybloke, do you have any photo's of the two ellermans tugs based in Hull, the Presto and Forto I was on them in the early sixties up to just before the Presto was sold and sadly she was then shortly after scrapped

Regards
Alan Smalley
Old 1st June 2013, 22:57
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Active: 1947 - 1967

M/S Malatian

Quote:
Hi Bailybloke, I sailed on the Malatian which was a Ellerman Papayanni ship in 1957/8 and was wondering if you had any pictures of her?.
Old 2nd June 2013, 03:38

Ellerman Photos

Hi Baily,
You will make a lot of ship enthusiasts /former ship personnel, happy with your massive task of getting all these photo's.

I am a Houlders man, but would like to thank you. Also your help to me
for my old mate Jim, who you helped by getting some Ellerman photos & information previously.

Cheers from Perth, West Oz.

Arthur ex 3/E.
Old 18th June 2013, 12:59

Quote:
Hi, do you have any of the Livorno please?
Old 18th June 2013, 13:07

Hi Terry, I too am looking for a picture of the Livorno, if you do manage to come across one, could you please email me.. I'm new to this site, so a bit confused at the minute..
Old 10th July 2013, 09:25

City of Sydney 1968

Quote:
Hello, I would really like a copy of the City of Sydney, I did a MANZ run on there in 1968/69.
Also would you have in your collection MV Carchester, not an ECL vessel but chartered and manned by ECL personnel 1978 ish.

Best Regards
Andy Lucas