Eric Barrowman C/E RIP - Ships Nostalgia
00:33

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Eric Barrowman C/E RIP

User Tag List

Old 2nd July 2015, 12:25

My location
Eric Barrowman C/E RIP

It is with extreme personal sadness that I must inform you of the death of Chief Engineer Eric Barrowman – who very sadly passed away this morning following a recent illness whilst on leave.

Eric is one of the best known and most respected Marine Engineers to have ever served in the BP fleet – having been with the company since November 1971. Eric had sailed as Chief Engineer for the last 23 years – most latterly onboard British Vantage. During this time, Eric shared his vast knowledge and experience with everyone who was fortunate enough to either sail with him or work with him from ashore. Much admired, Eric’s unrelenting enthusiasm and dedication to his profession has contributed significantly to making BP ships what they are today. He will be sorely missed.

Our thoughts are now with Eric’s family and close friends at this sad time. We will communicate in due course how we can pay our respects
Old 2nd July 2015, 13:38
Nursie

My location
Gordon it sounds as if you have lost a good friend. I am sorry for your loss, please pass condolences to his family.
Old 14th February 2018, 20:54

I must have missed this post.

I seem to recall an Eric Barrowman who was a 3/E sometime in the late 70's. He was from the Dundee area, blond haired guy, and was on the Brunei lay up team at one point. Is this the same guy??

If it is, the last time I saw him was one New Year about 1976 when I was passing his house about 2am, and he was showing someone out his front door. I shouted over "Happy New Year," and was invited in for a wee dram. I think I got out about 7 in the morning.

If it is the same guy, I'm really sorry for his family.
Old 14th February 2018, 21:28
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Hotels / Catering
Active: 1980 - 1993

Don't think our paths crossed, but sounds as if he was a smashing fella. RIP and condolences to his family.
Old 23rd February 2018, 21:12

My location
Condolences from another Scotsman that lived not to far from his home....
Old 1st March 2018, 10:48
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1970 - 1987

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmirvine View Post

I seem to recall an Eric Barrowman who was a 3/E sometime in the late 70's. He was from the Dundee area, blond haired guy, and was on the Brunei lay up team at one point. Is this the same guy??
Pretty sure I sailed with Eric as well when he was 3/E .. though for the life of me cannot remember which ship it was and cannot find his name on the Graham Wallace list.

Thoughts to all his Family at this sad time.