oilrig days - Page 2 - Ships Nostalgia
23:34

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

oilrig days

User Tag List

Old 28th November 2011, 15:40
Department: Deck

hi derry power here looking to trace old bawden hands from claymore< piper late70s early 80s
Old 29th November 2011, 09:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by calorpig View Post
hi everyone just looking for info or pics on the following,ocean rover,ocean kokui,pentagon 81,dyvi offshore,bawden drilling,claymore alpha,piper alpha,sedco,db 100,safe holmia,and any info on the names of the crew that perished on piper as had a few friends that worked on her and cannot find a list
also,M K SHAND invergordon,ARA,Sodxeho,mcp01,jim borthwick lochgelly fife.
thank you.
hi derry power here worked on piper and claymore in the late 70s and early 80 looking to trace harry croft who worked as driller on platform
Old 2nd December 2011, 13:29

trace old friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by calorpig View Post
hi everyone just looking for info or pics on the following,ocean rover,ocean kokui,pentagon 81,dyvi offshore,bawden drilling,claymore alpha,piper alpha,sedco,db 100,safe holmia,and any info on the names of the crew that perished on piper as had a few friends that worked on her and cannot find a list
also,M K SHAND invergordon,ARA,Sodxeho,mcp01,jim borthwick lochgelly fife.
thank you.
hi mk shand looking to trace old friend harry croft from belfast worked on piper inthe early 80s
Old 19th December 2011, 20:51
Organisation: Maritime Enthusiast
Department: Office / Administration
Active: 1980 - 1995

Peter banks

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Beaumont View Post
Hi, worked for Dyvis Offshore for 11 years 1982 onwards, will dig some pics of Dyvi Sigma, Dyvi Stena I was R/O on both. Great company until they sold.

regards

John B
Hi john,yes it was a good company,and had good crew.
Old 16th January 2012, 11:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELBOYEAST View Post
Hiyas, I Was Offshore From 1974, Started On The Bluewater 3 For Santafe, Then Went To Bawden Drilling On The Montrose Alpha.
I Recently Ran Across A Former Crew Member That Was Roughneck When I Was Derrickman. He Is Now Drilling Manager For Developement Drilling For Rashpetco Here In Egypt

hi derry power here looking to trace harry croft i believe he is working in egypt
Old 16th January 2012, 13:00
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Radio Officer
Active: 1968 - Present

My location
There are a number of Offshore vacancies advertised on the Northern Marine website www.nmm-stena.com which could be of interest.
Old 18th October 2014, 18:19
Organisation: Maritime Enthusiast
Department: Office / Administration
Active: 1980 - 1995

Dyvi Sigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Beaumont View Post
Hi, worked for Dyvis Offshore for 11 years 1982 onwards, will dig some pics of Dyvi Sigma, Dyvi Stena I was R/O on both. Great company until they sold.

regards

John B
Hi John,i worked for Dyvi for 9 years as materials man both offshore/onshore before being taken over by Smedvig and then for Neddrill who took over some Dyvi Rigs, Good days looking back in time

Regards Peter B
Old 1st February 2016, 13:51
Active: 1975 - 1998

Ocean Rambler

In the summer along with cakes the galley-crew left a large bowl of orange squash in the coffee-shop for our breaks. ...
On this particular sunny summer day everyone else was busy when the divers arrived to sample the buns with artificial-cream. They decided to improve on these buns by removing the artificial-cream and replacing it with genuine shaving-foam. When the Odeco men came for their tea-break no-one suspected a thing. The buns ended-up in the bowl of orange-squash. The galley-crew took offence at this desecration. We ended-up getting a tin of biscuits and no more cakes. The divers thought this all highly amusing and nobody else was sure if we got a good or bad deal with the biscuits.
Dear calorpig
My brief few words on my experience of the Ocean Kokuei and Ocean Rover got out of hand:
http://troostories.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 24th June 2020, 13:41

I worked for many years for Global Marine, starting in Aussie on the Glomar Tasmanending up in Sicily fifteen or mot=re years later on the Glomar Conception. GM were a groundbreaking offshore exploration company and for years were just about a family-run organisation, needless to say they got swallowed up. Atwood Oceanic was a similar organisation and until they got swallowed up by a conglomerate. Those days working offshore was fun, lots of camaraderie and good times. Needless to say the Corporate mentality has stifled all that, just as happened in the British Merchant Navy. All the fun has gone out of the offshore and most of the jobs I did from Night Cook to Chief Steward do not exist except for poorly-paid third and fourth-world employees. But I had a lot of good times all over the world from NZ to Panama