M V Centaur B F passenger ship - Page 3 - Ships Nostalgia
01:51

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

M V Centaur B F passenger ship

User Tag List

Old 23rd May 2013, 15:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Hi Kevin, thanks for the info about Errol, very sad to hear that he ended his life like that, any idea what year that would have been?,
They say only the good die young makes me wonder why im still around.
Hi I think it was around 2003 he died. sad lose.I remember he had a son named Ian, he was only a nipper when I last saw Errol think it was the Cardigan bay I took over from him. His wife and son had done the voyage/ or the European coast with him ( I think it was late eighties)

Last edited by Kevin Jones; 23rd May 2013 at 15:46..
Old 7th May 2017, 12:28
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Engineering
Active: 1972 - 1982

I was on the Centaur from 78 to 81 first as junior Eng then returning as third engineer. Remember David Wright 3rd Engineer, Josh Garner (mate), Malcom Lees (captain) Bob Parkes (Lecky), Alan lees (junior lecky), Errol Henley-smith(lecky) Mark Tranfield (3rd Eng). Sadly bob Parkes and Errol are no longer with us. I am currently having all my old seagoing slides and films digitised and will post when done. I ended up marrying a Centaur passenger and settled in Perth WA, and now long been shore based in the Hospital Engineering game.
Only just joined SN.