Jackson Marine Corporation tugs/supply ship's - Page 4 - Ships Nostalgia
05:48

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Jackson Marine Corporation tugs/supply ship's

User Tag List
tugs

Old 17th March 2017, 18:59

The Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footitt's Folly View Post
Nick - I was the engineer on the tug Godfather. I remember on joining and putting to see in the face of a gale to stabalise a barge that was in danger of breaking free of its tow.

I also worked for Jackson Marine and a pipe vessel called the Hustler.
Hi, did you ever come into contact with another Godfather engineer by the name of Donny O'Hagen in the late 70s early 80s?

Steve Todd 1719070
Old 3rd May 2018, 20:10
Active: 1977 - 2013

Just found this story about Jackson Marine boats hope the previous posters are still around seeing as the last post was over a year ago.
This thread brought back lots of memories for me. I remember to JMC boats well. I was on site at Turmerics on Southtown Road and used to load up the Liberty Moon a couple of times a week with pipes etc for a revamp of the Hewitt platforms for Phillips 66. I took a trip out on her to the Hewett platform as there was some problem with the rigging for marine lifts versus installation lifts. The skipper was a big hulk of a german guy who I think had settled in Gt Yarmouth with a local woman.
The Forties Moon which was around in GY at the same time is still active in Stavanger Norway and is now called BB Lifter. Id seen it around Stavanger almost on a daily basis never realised it was the old Forties Moon ( I thought it might have been a modified Smit Lloyd vessel) as you can see it has been much modified quite a lot.
The posts about Peterhead in the old days brings back memories too. I was a Root & Toot hand in GY and also involve on a regular rotation on the BP Forties hook up - 30 days on and 3 days off in the late 70s- 8 man portakabins on the deck of the platform or you shuttled from the BP Kiwi that was permanently in the field.
In those days when you mobbed from Gt Yarmouth to Aberdeen it was local train from GY to Peterborough then the overnight sleeper to Aberdeen arriving at 0700hrs sometimes you hung around the heliport all day before you flew out and then if you were really unlucky you went straight on nights. Otherwise when you arrived in Aberdeen if there was no call for your trade or no available bed space on the platform or the Kiwi you were put up in the Douglas Hotel or the Queens Hotel in Aberdeen, usually the Brown & Root agent came to your hotel about 0900hrs to collect you if you were going offshore that day or to tell you that you had another day onshore,sometimes there could be up to 30- 40 guys in hotels for maybe anything from a couple of days to a couple of weeks. As you can imagine there was a great deal of alcohol consumption going on and there are many stories about that as well.Sometimes after a while you were glad to get the call to go offshore.No breathalysers at the heliport in those days.
Great days in lots of ways but never to return in todays Elf and Safety regimes.

http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/...hp?lid=2734922

http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/...hp?lid=1721594