Ships Nostalgia banner

Steam Yacht Cangarda

2K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  Beartracks 
#1 ·
Hello all, I'm new to this site and look forward to catching up on the posts, especially regarding steam and sailing ships.

I've been sailing professionally in many historic sailing ships and training vessels for 40 years now. More recently I've become involved in steam and antique diesel ships. For the last 5 years I've been deeply involved with the rebuild of the steam yacht Cangarda, primarily in the development, specification, overhaul and re-installation of her engine room machinery and new boiler.

I noticed some photos in this forum of Cangarda's engine room and machinery. Not sure how they got here but I took those pictures. I have more and will post them once I get more used to this medium. For the time being I hope I can answer questions anyone may have about the re-build or the machinery. And I hope to pick your brains as well; I've just started the overhaul of a 1938 2 cyl. Brunvold semi diesel in a little Norwegian freighter called Record. Capt. Steve Cobb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.