Jackson Marine Corporation tugs/supply ship's - Page 2 - Ships Nostalgia
08:05

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Jackson Marine Corporation tugs/supply ship's

User Tag List
tugs

Old 7th June 2010, 23:46
Bilge Rat
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Engineering
Active: 1957 - 1963

My location
Anyone ever come across a guy called Ken beverley on these tugs. Trying to get in touch with him for some years now. he's an old buddy of mine.
Old 10th July 2010, 13:35

Smile Godfather, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agallaher View Post
Captain Cliff from the Godfather and Donnie Gardin from Mister Pete. Well I will be blown over by a feather. Never thought I would track you two down in a Million years. I too worked with you also on these tugs. Regards, Bert Gallaher
Hi Bert,
I don't open the site very much these days,so surprise,I recall your name but at the moment I can't put a face to it(age is my excuse)I am still in touch with Donnie but havn't heard from him in awhile. I am still in touch with Gene and Pete Domasck and have spoken to Pete on the phone awhile ago.Have tried to trace others with the help of Steve Knutson again.I hear from Miles Rice off and on but many others not a word.Dennis Murrel is still around sent him a message but he didn't reply,Little Brian Jordon has gone to the final anchorage he passed away while in India.
my private mail is [email protected] if you feel like dropping me a line or two.
I kept going in a job I loved for many years,but finally had to pack it in through health reasons,(long story) and not all good.
Leaving made a large void in my life as you never get the salt out of your blood. I made many friends throughout my career,but due to circumstances beyond our control you loose touch over the years which is a shame.
Like I say, drop me a line Bert if you have the time.
Kind Regards.
Capt Cliff Roberts.
Old 12th July 2010, 19:12
Department: Deck
Active: 1974 - 1994

My location
Cliff,

Good to see you active again - your posts are very welcome. I never got round to writing that book on the northsea days......but I valued your correspondence nonetheless.

You're right though. You never get the salt out of your blood!

Jonty
Old 12th July 2010, 21:05

try drinking MILK
Old 14th July 2010, 13:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddraigmor View Post
Cliff,

Good to see you active again - your posts are very welcome. I never got round to writing that book on the northsea days......but I valued your correspondence nonetheless.

You're right though. You never get the salt out of your blood!

Jonty
Thanks Jonty,things not so good at present!! have to go to Papworth on 23rd of August for quadruple by-pass etc,after having had heart attack earlier in year.You would have thought some of the things we did with vessels in the early days would have given most sane Master's a bloody heart attack then.I shudder to think what the health and safety brigade would have made of it then?? Like I have said before to you its a shame the book never got written,it would have opened the eyes of many,many people who where of the opinion that the North Sea was a pond,remember jonty more chucked it in than stayed,couldn't stand the pace and the long relentless work load running anchors 24/7 six or twelve hour watches etc,etc,7 days a week,to get the job done,Bo Driggers was a master at getting the best out of those that worked with him or for him.You will not see the likes of him again and a few more of that caliber,he was unique in every way.
kind regards mate.
Cliff.
Old 14th July 2010, 13:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl ASHPOLE View Post
Hi Folks, my father worked with JMC on suffolk road in the 70's as purchasing manager. I recognise a few of your names and have been on all the JMC boats that came into Yarmouth. If you know of me, feel free to respond. My partner is Jayne Gray who also use to work for JMC at Yarmouth, her name may also ring a bell. Take care and hope to hear from some one from the past soon.
Hi, I remember your father well I think his first name was Eddie? also a vague picture in my head of your partner Jane,ask if she remembers the two Julie's that worked in JMC's Office I think one worked for you father in purchasing.
Regards
Capt Cliff Roberts.
Old 15th July 2010, 15:11
Department: Engineering
Active: 1962 - 1970

My location
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Cliff Roberts View Post
Thanks Jonty,things not so good at present!! have to go to Papworth on 23rd of August for quadruple by-pass etc,after having had heart attack earlier in year.You would have thought some of the things we did with vessels in the early days would have given most sane Master's a bloody heart attack then.Cliff.
Good Luck with the surgery Cliff, I had three fitted in '97, best thing that's ever happened. It usually adds at least twelve years to your life, some I know are still going after more than twenty, they were sixty plus when they had the op.

A set of bypasses, is safer than an appendix operation!
Old 15th July 2010, 19:25
Department: Deck
Active: 1974 - 1994

My location
Keep us posted on events, Cliff - we're all of the same ilk on here and I am sure many more members would wish you well for the upcoming op.

Yes - how many guys have thrown semi sub anchors over Peterhead Breakwater in the sort of sea you get close inshore and a full gale blowing? Only ever did it the once but found I preferred to do it out at sea!

Chin up mate!

Jonty
Old 30th August 2010, 17:27

Hi Cliff, yep his name was Eddie and Jayne does remember the Julies. She is still in touch with one who is now married to Barry Symonds (Personel manager JMC), and also remembers BIG Julie very well :-)
Take care and hope to hear from you soon.
Regards
Carl
Old 30th August 2010, 21:33

My location
I think the Vagabonds last North Sea trip was to the Frigg Field, and I was a passenger out to CDP01. It would have been about August 1976.
I am certain she was bound for the Gulf straight after finishing at the Frigg Field
If I recall correctly, she didnt have passenger accomodation, and I spent most of the trip reading in the mess.
https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/galler...-field/cat/500
Old 27th September 2010, 15:54

hi i also sailed on the moon boats out of peterhead and yarmouth took the first moon boat to bombay via the gulf then on to the raliegh anne as oiler i also sailed as ass.eng on a cementcarrier that they had bremen to the gulf

ray witkowski
Old 23rd November 2010, 17:20

BOC Base,Peterhead

Hi Gavin,
I was a Load-out Superviser with Total Oil Marine at the BOC Base back in the Seventies along with Bill Fowler.
Wasn,t there a Scots Skipper on one of the Pipe haul vessels.
I think it was the Hustler or True Grit but for the life of me,I cant remember his name.
Maybe someone will remember.
Old 7th December 2010, 02:42

Just want to give a shout-out to any JacMac personnel that may remember me. My name is Arnie Kelso and I was in the North Sea operation from November 1974 to November 1978. I spent most of my time in the Ekofisk field on the Mister Robert (my first command) I still can't believe they would turn an almost 24 year old kid loose on a tug in the North Sea. I worked with Graham Provis(best boathand I've ever seen), Charlie Downs, Ivan Harper, Stan Shelby, Dewey Aaron, Levy McKinney, Phil Hunt(best Chief Engineer ever), Amerigo Barbosa, Roy Davis, Joe Harper, and many others. We served the Brown and Root Barge 279 most of the time, but occasionaly helped the Bar 297 when they were having trouble retrieving anchors. I also worked in the Persian Gulf prior to the North Sea (Hello Steve) and in the Bay of Campeche after the North Sea...then on to Singapore/Brunei. My entire career was with Jackson (in one form or another) from 1972 until 1987. Cheers to all

Last edited by arnie18k; 7th December 2010 at 03:17..
Old 16th December 2010, 00:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Gardin View Post
Hello Captain Roberts. I remeber you as I also worked on the Godfather as an oiler. Before that I was a deckhand on the Victory Moon with Captain Leo and Mate Mickey. I hope to here from ya soon. Take care. Donnie Gardin
Donnie,

This is Steve Knudtsen - I sailed with your brother Tom on the maiden voyage of one of the moon boats (Arctic). All the best, Steve
Old 16th December 2010, 01:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnie18k View Post
Just want to give a shout-out to any JacMac personnel that may remember me. My name is Arnie Kelso and I was in the North Sea operation from November 1974 to November 1978. I spent most of my time in the Ekofisk field on the Mister Robert (my first command) I still can't believe they would turn an almost 24 year old kid loose on a tug in the North Sea. I worked with Graham Provis(best boathand I've ever seen), Charlie Downs, Ivan Harper, Stan Shelby, Dewey Aaron, Levy McKinney, Phil Hunt(best Chief Engineer ever), Amerigo Barbosa, Roy Davis, Joe Harper, and many others. We served the Brown and Root Barge 279 most of the time, but occasionaly helped the Bar 297 when they were having trouble retrieving anchors. I also worked in the Persian Gulf prior to the North Sea (Hello Steve) and in the Bay of Campeche after the North Sea...then on to Singapore/Brunei. My entire career was with Jackson (in one form or another) from 1972 until 1987. Cheers to all
Hey Arnie, greetings. Believe it or not I'm back in school again. Graduate school in Chicago. Send me your email address - mine is [email protected] I'm still in touch with Miles Rice and Pete Domaschk. Steve
Old 7th February 2011, 17:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl ASHPOLE View Post
Hi Cliff, yep his name was Eddie and Jayne does remember the Julies. She is still in touch with one who is now married to Barry Symonds (Personel manager JMC), and also remembers BIG Julie very well :-)
Take care and hope to hear from you soon.
Regards
Carl
Hi Carl sorry about length of time replying to you.Have had a quadruple by-pass at Papworth which didn't go as planned.
I see Barry and Julie now and then as I have done work with Barry over the years on a few projects.BIG!!!!!! Julie I haven't seen or spoke to her for years I have no idea where she is now or where she lives now? I have been trying to place your wife Jayne's face but at present I am at a loss,did she know me when I was with JMC ??
Take Care hope to hear from you soon.My Mail is [email protected] .com
Regards Cliff.
Old 10th February 2011, 12:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnie18k View Post
Arnie nice to know you are still around,I keep in touch with steve,Donnie,Pete & Gene Domasck,plus afew others,my mail is [email protected] drop me aline if you get the time.
Best Regards.Capt Cliff Roberts
Old 13th February 2011, 15:37

Gentlemen, If I may ask a favor. I have a model of the Mr Darby that I would like to detail the wheelhouse.
Do any of you happen to have a layout or pictures to help me in this search?
Thank you for all your time.
Old 29th August 2011, 18:13

paul ferris

Anyone out there remember (Richard) Paul Ferris - late 70s/early 80s? I've been told he went to work on tugs for Jackson Marine in mid-late 70s then became Master and worked on rig re-supply in Gulf. I am writing a biography about him as he was a most extraordinary man, who sadly died in 1995 and destroyed all his papers before he died so I am really working in the dark here. No idea of exact dates or locations at the moment, but am hping to interview his widow in October. Any memories of him, anyone out there happy to talk to me please reply or PM me. This is a crucial chunk of his life and I am posting all over the place to find someone who knew him/served with him. All replies (warts and all!) will be considered!
Many thanks
F
Old 14th October 2011, 01:23
Organisation: Coastguard
Department: Medical
Active: 2008 - Present

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Balls View Post
I Remember the Moon boats very well in Great Yarmouth .
somewhere at home we still have a set of "Jackson Marine" playing cards !!!
I worked for Star Offshore and some of our Portuguese crews started out in Jackson Marine having become unemployed when the Grand-banks cod fishing finished ( Dory boat fishemen) I know some of these guys would be very interested in this Thread. Many now retired and coming from the Vila Do Conde and Povora de Varsim.
I was working with these guys in 2005 out of Peterhead and always thought it strange that there was this massive connection of Seafaring, fishing and even some of the Gallic traditions between the two places.
Hello there, my name is Paulo Marques, im from Portugal and son of Manuel Agonia Fernandes Marques, worked on Oceanic Moon with Salvador and Manolo...in 1975 in think, anyone remember??
Old 8th December 2011, 15:50

For tugboats see tugboatinfomation.com
Old 8th December 2011, 15:58

My self and Cpt Arnie Kelso are seeking information and or whereabouts of are good buddy Charlie Downs. We sailed together with JMC in the North Sea,
Old 9th December 2011, 23:31

Jackson skippers

Taken on board the DB ATLAS 1 in Singapore Roads. Can't remember who the guys either side of me are, but they were on a Jackson tug we had. Is the man on my right Arnie ? The other was a UK Navigator/Mate I think. Charley
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG.jpg (137.3 KB, 65 views)
Old 10th December 2011, 12:08

Shipmates

GALTRA,thanks for your feed back,unfortunately neither of the two guys are reconisable to me and that includes your good self. I am in regular contact with a number of ex JMC shipmates via Skype so if there are any more of you out there give me a shout! Once again thanks for contacting me, Phil Hunt.
Old 10th December 2011, 13:28

Can any one remember a JMC supply boat Capt Gus De-Blok? he was I think, from Lowestoft.The late Ivan Harper and I were passengers on his boat from (sheltering during bad weather)Helegoland to Gt Yarmouth, I think the date could be around December 1976, the boat could well have been the Forties Moon. It was with out doubt the best passage on a supply boat I have ever experienced. Ivan managed to obtain some get you home quickly juice from Gus's private stash,happy days. Info please! Phil Hunt.