Remuera...Last voyage from UK - Ships Nostalgia
19:35

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Remuera...Last voyage from UK

User Tag List

Old 11th August 2013, 06:51

Remuera...Last voyage from UK

Hi there,
Can anyone tell me if the Remuera called at Southampton on her last voyage from UK in 1964 ?
I know she normally sailed from London, but I am trying to find out if a call was made at Southampton for any reason.

Thanks in advance.
Andy
Old 9th August 2015, 20:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by garratt15a View Post
Hi there,
Can anyone tell me if the Remuera called at Southampton on her last voyage from UK in 1964 ?
I know she normally sailed from London, but I am trying to find out if a call was made at Southampton for any reason.

Thanks in advance.
Andy
Hi Andy, I know it's a bit late but I only found this site a day or so ago.

I was on the last trip of Remuera & no she didn't ship out or through Southampton. What did happen was we took on board members of NZ shipping Co office staff & cruised them around to Liverpool & sailed from there.
Old 10th August 2015, 08:37

Hi Les,
Thank you very much for that information. The reason I asked in the first place was that I had recently purchased a silver plate salt shaker and engraved on it is- "Southampton 1964 New Zealand 1965".
The only vessel I know that would have fitted that time frame would have been Remuera. On the bottom of the shaker is the Cunard lion and the word Cunard, plus a number and the usual hallmarks. What other Cunarder (or ex Cunarder) would have come down here at that time ?
I used to live in Southampton and now in Wellington area......Anyway, probably will never solve this mystery now.
Thanks again,
Andy