Palm Line Deck Cadet/Officer--Mike Farrell - Ships Nostalgia
04:37

Welcome
Welcome!Welcome to Ships Nostalgia, the world's greatest online community for people worldwide with an interest in ships and shipping. Whether you are crew, ex-crew, ship enthusiasts or cruisers, this is the forum for you. And what's more, it's completely FREE.

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.
User Name Password

Palm Line Deck Cadet/Officer--Mike Farrell

User Tag List

Old 5th September 2016, 11:33
Organisation: Merchant Navy
Department: Deck
Active: 1965 - 1969

Palm Line Deck Cadet/Officer--Mike Farrell

Hi,

Apologies if you've already read this post, I placed it as a general posting but now being more specific by putting it on the Palm Line forum pages.

In the period 1963/65 Mike Farrell and I attended South Shields Marine College on a pre sea cadet course, we were great buddies, he went onto to join Palm Line as a deck cadet, I went onto sail with PSNC as a Nav App. Initially, after leaving college and going our separate ways, we kept in touch but inevitably lost contact. I've often wondered how his career and life developed and it would be great to satisfy my interest. I went with him to Newcastle station when he left to join his first ship in August 1965, I was so envious because I was still waiting for news of my first ship. I completed my apprenticeship but then left the MN to work ashore, something I've often regretted.